ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA4 Permanent Residence - Waiting time

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Eric-Poole

Write to your MEP

Post by Eric-Poole » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:11 pm

Why not write to your MEP ?... there a whole bunch of newly elected, who should be interested to address breach of EU directives. Avoid the 2 from the BNP !!

Cheers. Eric

suparka
Newly Registered

Re: Write to your MEP

Post by suparka » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:03 pm

Eric-Poole wrote:Why not write to your MEP ?... there a whole bunch of newly elected, who should be interested to address breach of EU directives. Avoid the 2 from the BNP !!

Cheers. Eric

suparka
Newly Registered

Post by suparka » Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:01 am

What a coincidence...

Following all the letters written to HO and MEP on Thursday night, I received a Special Delivery note on Fri. On Sat, I found out that I have finally received the Permanent Residence! It took a while...

Good luck to everyone! I'll post reply from Signpost Service if relevant to other people, and continue monitoring these posts. Thanks for all the advice Eric-Poole.

suparka
Newly Registered

Post by suparka » Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:04 am

What a coincidence...

Following all the letters written to HO and MEP on Thursday night, I received a Special Delivery note on Fri. On Sat, I found out that I have finally received the Permanent Residence! It took a while...

Good luck to everyone! I'll post reply from Signpost Service if relevant to other people, and continue monitoring these posts. Thanks for all the advice Eric-Poole.

suparka
Newly Registered

Post by suparka » Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:05 am

What a coincidence...

suparka
Newly Registered

Post by suparka » Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:10 am

What a coincidence...

Chirurgie

Post by Chirurgie » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:33 pm

Thank you for the advice about writing to your MP and all the drafts you have provided. I will indeed do the same and report on it's progress.

Current status is after application back in July 2008, I have yet to hear anything back other than initial letter acknowledging receipt of passports. It will now be 1 year in a few week's time :shock:

zobir
Newly Registered

Hello all

Post by zobir » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:13 pm

Hello all,I am new to this forum :( ,well I am like every body waiting for my PR,it will be 8months in few days,I am very stress but there is nothing that I can do,I didn't want to call the UKB for the only reason that they will not process the application and the call will not make any difference,the only thing that I did is to wrote to my local MP,and the answer was after all most 2weeks waiting, :lol: was that she contact the UKB and she will let me now what happening in Liverpool,what I can say is that they are rely busy and they got lot of applications,but I don't understand something how some people got them PR after between 6to8months and some people got it just after 6months and the rest is between 12to13 months if anyone can answer my question,
good luck for everyone

zobir
Newly Registered

Post by zobir » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:27 pm

[quote="suparka"]What a coincidence...

Good luck to everyone! I'll post reply from Signpost Service if relevant to other people, and continue monitoring these posts. Thanks for all the advice Eric-Poole.[/quote

Well done

Eric-Poole

Post by Eric-Poole » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:53 pm

Hi Zobir,

You asked why some people are waiting 1+ years and others get their PR after 6 to 8 months. The answer is very simple, if you make a lot of noise, you will get UKBA's attention and your application will be processed faster.

Do not forget that every time that you complain, it creates more work and costs money to UKBA. If you send a printed letter, somebody will have to open the envelope, extract the content and scan the letter even if this is only for archive purpose. They will eventually have to allocate somebody to read the letter and respond. If you keep repeating your complaint until you get a response you are increasing their workflow and operating cost, this gets even worse each time that you escalate the matter. The outcome: if you quietly wait for your file to be processed, you can get prepared for a long wait. If you keep complaining, they will try to expedite your case.

Do not forget that as spouse of EEA member if you meet the directive criteria you have a RIGHT of residence. They have 6 months to process. After 6 months they are in breach of EU law. Use this to your advantage, keep repeating to them that they are breaking the law, resend your complaints until your gets a response (this create more load), escalate the complaint to different complaints department (increases the load even further), use multiple channels (Liverpool, Complaints units, MP, MEP, your consulate, solve-it).

Here is a link to the procedure which I used:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#260619

I hope this helps. Eric

biggiesmall
Newly Registered

Post by biggiesmall » Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:09 pm

i need advice please.How can i ask the HO to stop sending correspondence to my solicitor?I did applied for PR on september 2008 and send complain letters to HO after the 6months lapsed and my solicitor did not to do anything when i complained to him that i havent heard anything from HO yet.I got through to HO today and was told they sent a letter on may 18th asking for more documents and i did tell the woman i spoke to that my solicitor didnt recieve any letter and she told me to get in touch with my solicitor to write a letter to HO that he didnt receive letter cos the 21days of requirement of documents has lapsed.I got in touch with my solicitor just now and he told me he did not recieve any letter from HO and the lazy bastard is asking me more money to write a letter to HO.Can someone pls advice me how i can take over from my solicitor?Thanks

Eric-Poole

Post by Eric-Poole » Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:07 pm

To biggiesmall:

- go to post office a pick some recorded forms (Orange)
- write a letter to HO - Add a mention in RED that this is a recorded letter and put the record number for the form that you will use.
- request confirmation of completion from HO. Give them 5 working days to comply.

- if you do not receive any response after 5 woking days, reprint your letter. Indicate in large font " REMINDER - ACTION REQUIRED - 5 DAYS TO COMPLY"

- if you don't get a response to your reminder, fax your reminder letter to Liverpool Complaints units + the one from the region where you live.

-if you still do not get a response, fax all your letters to all complaints units, with a header page reading " ACTION REQUIRED" with a massive font like "IMPACT size 100"

- repeat until you get a response, I used this on many occasion and they will respond eventually.

I hope this helps. Eric

biggiesmall
Newly Registered

Post by biggiesmall » Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:13 pm

Eric-Poole wrote:To biggiesmall:

- go to post office a pick some recorded forms (Orange)
- write a letter to HO - Add a mention in RED that this is a recorded letter and put the record number for the form that you will use.
- request confirmation of completion from HO. Give them 5 working days to comply.

- if you do not receive any response after 5 woking days, reprint your letter. Indicate in large font " REMINDER - ACTION REQUIRED - 5 DAYS TO COMPLY"

- if you don't get a response to your reminder, fax your reminder letter to Liverpool Complaints units + the one from the region where you live.

-if you still do not get a response, fax all your letters to all complaints units, with a header page reading " ACTION REQUIRED" with a massive font like "IMPACT size 100"

- repeat until you get a response, I used this on many occasion and they will respond eventually.

I hope this helps. Eric

Thanks Eric, i did get a reply from HO today that more documents were asked for in a letter they sent on may 18 but lazy solicitor never receive the letter.Just want to know the procedure i can use to take over from my soilicitor.
http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/EEA4-Residency/

zobir
Newly Registered

Post by zobir » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:15 pm

Hello Biggie Small,well the only advise that I can give you,and in my point there is no sense to make a solicitor they are all the same,ones they take your money they will not be doing anything,in my point the solicitor doesn't make any difference on the process of your application,and is always and better to do everything on you own,all the document that you gave to your solicitor,he put them on recorded letter and sent them to Liverpool and everyone can do it,so you can start to deal with the UKB by your own and if your English is not that good ask a friend to write a letter for you or go on the Internet you will definitely find a good example,and if you stay with this solicitor will loose a lot of money.

zobir
Newly Registered

Post by zobir » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:32 pm

Hello Eric,thank you for your help,I always like your ideas since I've been looking to this forum,thank you for advising all the applican what you've been writing,your were making a sence,but to answer what you said to me about the wating time is maybe wrong because I have a friend that he's still waiting for the periode of 12months and he's made atleast 10 complain to evryone (UKB,MP) and no result how can you explain me that,one question what the MEP?and after sendind a second letter to my MP,she told me that it take 4to6 weeks to have a answer from the UKB I couldn't realy believe her,well wait and we will see.

Eric-Poole

Post by Eric-Poole » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:58 pm

Hi Zobir,

MEP is the Member of European Parliament. Since MEPs ratified Directive/2004/38/EC, they should really be receptive of any breach of it, particularly by their own government.

To find your MP/MEP try the following website:
http://www.writetothem.com/

There are several aspects on which you may also play. Since UKBA is now promising same day processing in Croydon, you could send a complaint letter stating that since the legal timeframe to process your application is overdue and they are clearly in Breach of Directive/2004/38/EC article 10, you formally request them to supply a date for an appointment for same day delivery of the Residency Permit. Of course since UKBA did not fulfil their legal duties, the appointment shall be Free of Charge !!

Another way of protest, which I had considered was to write to my Local Council and inform them that since the UK government is totally disregarding EU law, as a EU citizen, I would be disregarding any UK tax requirement and freeze any council tax payment until my case is resolved. I would however recommend to use this as a last measure, but it is a good way to make a point that the UK government has a duty to respect people's rights whether they are British or not.

I hope this helps. Cheers. Eric

Chirurgie

Re: Write to your MEP

Post by Chirurgie » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:11 pm

Eric-Poole wrote:Why not write to your MEP ?... there a whole bunch of newly elected, who should be interested to address breach of EU directives. Avoid the 2 from the BNP !!

Cheers. Eric

I did not (and still have not) heard back from him. Following day on 7th of July, I emailed a similiar (but modified accordingly) complaint letter to UKBA European Enquiries (email UKBAeuropeanenquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk )

Today (10th of July) I received a letter today (dated 7th of July) from UKBA LCCW (Liverpool Charged Casework WorkFlow) office apologising for the time taken and sorry that I felt it necessary to complain (!). They gave usual spiel about 'resources engaged in removing foreign national prisoners and moving from Crydon to Liverpool.

Anyhow, the important thing is they say that my application has now been allocated to a caseworker for action and I will be contacted if any further information/documentation required. That is PROGRESS!!!

I am now hopeful that this will be resolved shortly. For the record, I submitted my application on 22nd July 2008! So it will be a year in less than 2 week's time..

I think it was the latter email to UKBA European Enquiries that did it but it is possible the MP has contacted them as well though UKBA's reply within a day of my emailing MP and on same day I emailed them makes it more likely my MP has not gotten involved (or perhaps is waiting for UKBA's reply before letting me know).

Anyhow, a big thank you to Eric and I will indeed keep everyone here notified of my progress.

Summary as such:
22nd July 2008: EEA4 application entered on Home Office Database
August 2008: received certification of application (unsure exact date as letter misplaced!)
6th July 2009: Emailed my MP (no replies yet)
7th July 2009: Emailed UKBA European Enquiries
10th July 2009: Received letter apologising for my complaint of time taken and stated Caseworker allocation for action.

Eric-Poole

Removing foreing prisoners

Post by Eric-Poole » Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:11 am

Hello Chirurgie,

This pathetic letter about removing foreing prisoner means nothing. I received this letter about 3 or 4 times during the process. Your case will only move forward once a "case worker" has been appointed.

You should respond to the letter that you received by stating that their response has nothing to do with your case, and does not bring any insight about WHEN YOUR case will be resolved, you therefore require within 5 working days the name of the appointed case worker and a committed date to complete your application. Remind them that processing applications within 6 months is a legal requirement under EU directive 58 Article 10, and it is totally unacceptable that you did not receive any communication on your case for almost a year, or that a case worker has even been appointed after almost a year.

If they aren't able to get your case completed by the end of July, I suggest that you request, a same day apppointment at their Croydon office under the new procedure. In view of the unacceptable delays that you had to suffer, this appointment shall be made FREE of charge.

I hope this helps. Cheers.

Eric

Chirurgie

Re: Removing foreing prisoners

Post by Chirurgie » Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:10 pm

Eric-Poole wrote:Hello Chirurgie,

This pathetic letter about removing foreing prisoner means nothing. I received this letter about 3 or 4 times during the process. Your case will only move forward once a "case worker" has been appointed.

Tanukiji
Newly Registered

Post by Tanukiji » Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:51 pm

I have found this forum very helpful. I have followed advice many have posted and would like to just share my experience.

EEA4 application on basis of 5 year marriage to EEA national.

09/10/2009: EEA3 & EEA4 applications posted to Liverpool by Special Delivery
30/10/2009: Received COA
23/05/2009: Sent a complaint email to NWCSU@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk
26/05/2009: Received apology letter which also said I will hear from my caseworker shortly
15/06/2009: Received letter requesting husband's recent payslips
17/06/2009: Documents sent to the Liverpool by Special Delivery
03/07/2009: PR permits + all docs received - permit stamp dated 23/06/2009

I believe the complaint email got the ball rolling in my case.

Good luck everyone who's still waiting.

kashta
Newly Registered

Conacting HO regarding EEA4 app

Post by kashta » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:03 pm

Hello Everyone!!

I was just wondering if someone can confirm the number they have used to contact the HO. I have tried 08450105200 more than 20 times last week and no response apart from a pre-recorded voice mail which says "goodbye" in the end but sounds more like a f... off to me.

I am aware that phone calls do not help but I wanted to ask if I have been allocated a caseworker yet because its 9 months and a half already since applying.

If not, then I will email/fax complaint letters in a daily basis because I am not planning to spend August in UK ....even though I might have to.

zobir
Newly Registered

Re: Conacting HO regarding EEA4 app

Post by zobir » Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:08 pm

Hello.
this is the right number,you need to call them after 6pm.
Good luck.

Chirurgie

Post by Chirurgie » Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:55 pm

Further updates: Have now received letter from Caseworker requesting more confirmation of wife's 5 years continuous stay (thought I sent in everything!) but at least there is progress

Summary to date:
22nd July 2008: EEA4 application entered on Home Office Database
August 2008: received certification of application (unsure exact date)
6th July 2009: Emailed my MP
7th July 2009: Emailed UKBA European Enquiries
10th July 2009: Received letter apologising and stated Caseworker allocation for action.
14th July 2009: Received letter from MP saying he has written to Minister for Immigration and will write again when he gets a reply
15th July 2009: Received letter (dated 9th July) asking for more evidence of stay in UK.

Personally for me, emailing UKBAeuropeanenquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk seems to have done the trick rather than MP but both (and NWCSU@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk as above) all worth emailing! Use the 'complaint about EU Directive format in these forums)

zobir
Newly Registered

Post by zobir » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:11 pm

Hello there!
Can I ask you wich documents they asked you please,just to be redy for my self.
Regards.

Chirurgie

Post by Chirurgie » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:22 pm

zobir wrote:Hello there!
Can I ask you wich documents they asked you please,just to be redy for my self.
Regards.
I think it is all case-dependant. In mine, 2 sets requested, one to clarify my wife exercising her right to stay with 5-years continuous stay (a bit complicated since she did a PhD over 2 universities and then worked separate job later) and mine for specific gap of a few months in 2004 which I evidently had not provided (can't remember as nearly a year ago now since original submission) with wage slips, bank statement etc.

So, I would not 'get ready' as such as hopefully your original application will have covered entire 5-years for both you and your spouse