ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA4 Processing TIME FOR PERMANENT RESIDENT

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

joelondon
Member of Standing

EEA4 Processing TIME FOR PERMANENT RESIDENT

Post by joelondon » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:18 pm

hi everyone
does any one of you waited more then 9 months on the process of his or her EEA4 application ? how long is the approximate wait ? please help

bebe2

Post by bebe2 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:00 am

my brother has been waiting fir 11mths, they asked for more information 6mths ago since then he has heard nothing. have they asked you for more information?
hi

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:29 am

bebe2 wrote:my brother has been waiting fir 11mths, they asked for more information 6mths ago since then he has heard nothing. have they asked you for more information?
hi bebe how we doing .
my case is that when i applyed the first time it was like 6 month before my resident permit expired...so the sent me a letter saying that i have applyed too early ..but nothing like i needed more doccument ...and after the time has come and it was like just 28 days before my resident permit expired i sent them the application and ,they sent me a lettre week after saying that they recieved my application and its under process ...now its been 3 months and 2 weeks ...and still waiting ....i dont know if it will take long or no as i ve waited like 5 months and 1 week for the first time do i have to wait more anyway or they already studied my case and just need to stamp the PR in my passport this time ...hope they will not ask me for anymore document...thanks and good luck

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:18 pm

does anynone knows how long is taking to process the permanent resident , as the home office web site is still not up to date , saying january 2008 ,did anyone called the home office to find out ? please comment and let me know your experiance as i'm waiting since june 2008 thanks

hamadauk123

Post by hamadauk123 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:49 pm

well nearly 6 months and still waiting they processing time 6 months but i guess will be longer just called them they say still awaiting consideration

hamadauk123

well nearly 6 months and still waiting they processing time 6 months but i guess will be longer just called them they say still awaiting consideration

hamadauk123

hamadauk123

Post by hamadauk123 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:50 pm

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:21 pm

hamadauk123 wrote:well nearly 6 months and still waiting they processing time 6 months but i guess will be longer just called them they say still awaiting consideration
the normal waiting time is 6months ...i believe that some application are taking longer then 6months , did u sent your application to Liverpool or Croydon .i applied using a lawyer and every time i call him , he say the same thing....some people are even asking them for some more document after they rich 5months and then they have to wait another 6month or so...does anyone in this forum just received his application or approval ? can anyone let me know how long is the real waiting time ,every time i check their home office web site ,is not updated .still in January ...what the hell they are doing ? some one has familly problems ,or sickness or anything related to familly matter , and we can't even travel or so...plz help as i'm getting so frustrated now ...cant wait anymore as i need my passportttttttttttttt for travel and change work...

sierrammike
Newly Registered

Post by sierrammike » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:18 pm

hi all,

i am a Non EEA dependant of a EEA national and applied for the permanent residence in july 08 using EEA4. the date on the website doesnt seem to change, atleast for a couple of months now. what happens if they exceed the 6 months time frame that they have mentioned in the acknowledgment letter? and also what are rights of a person which such a residence document, does it constitute to a settled status in the uk.

thanks.

thsths

Post by thsths » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:13 am

sierrammike wrote:i am a Non EEA dependant of a EEA national and applied for the permanent residence in july 08 using EEA4. the date on the website doesnt seem to change, atleast for a couple of months now. what happens if they exceed the 6 months time frame that they have mentioned in the acknowledgment letter? and also what are rights of a person which such a residence document, does it constitute to a settled status in the uk.
Yes, you are settled as soon as you qualify (5 years residence under European law). Whether you have the permanent residence permit or not is irrelevant.

bebe2

Post by bebe2 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:55 am

yes thsths, i agree with you but if you dont apply at the end of five years or you apply and it declined for some reason then you are liable for deportation.
tricky subject i think cos if you are settled then you cant be deported, can you?
hi

sierrammike
Newly Registered

Post by sierrammike » Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:16 am

Hello Folks,

i was just checking the "Policy and Law" section of the BIA website. It is clearly underlined that the decision on permanent residence should not exceed 6 months. i am sure the same is mentioned in the acknowledgement letter also. Does, anyone whose applications have crossed the 6 month limit confronted the relevant office about this statement?

thsths

Post by thsths » Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:17 am

bebe2 wrote:yes thsths, i agree with you but if you dont apply at the end of five years or you apply and it declined for some reason then you are liable for deportation.
No, I do not think so. Deportation is only applicable for illegal residence. Once you are under the European right of free movement, you can only be removed based on public security, and only after you have lost the appeal. In this case, it does not matter whether you have a Residence Card or not.

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:26 pm

hey how we doing all ....merry xmas and happy new year to all ...
anyone has recieved his EEA4 application ...or permanent resident ...please let us know ..as m still waiting for mine ,....many thanks to all of you and happy new year ..

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:13 pm

ANY NEW ANYONE ...AS M STILL WAITING FOR MY PERMANENT RESIDENT ITS BEEN NOW 7 MONTH ...AND NO SIGNE AT ALL ...PLEASE LET ME KNOW YOUR EXPERIANCE AND IF ANYONE GOT HIS ....THANK YOU VERY MUCH AND ALL THE BEST FOR ALL OF YOU ..

fysicus
Netherlands

Post by fysicus » Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:44 pm

the actual waiting times can be found on http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucit ... ropeanlaw/ and are currently very much longer than the six months allowed by law!!

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:27 pm

well i'm actualy checking the wb page since last year and it says that they are dealing with the application recieved in feb..so anyone has recieved any news from them or got his permanent resident yet...please let us know or write your experiance here ...all the best for everyone ...

m-e-d
Newly Registered

Post by m-e-d » Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:42 pm

still waiting... over 8 months now !!

bebe2

Post by bebe2 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:24 am

8 months? brace yourself. juicy biscuit has been waiting for 13mths.
i think they should start charging fees so they can get more staff in.
hi

m-e-d
Newly Registered

Post by m-e-d » Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:13 pm

My Mate had his PR 4 days ago.. submitted his application back in FEBRUARY.

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:15 pm

congratulation mate ...so he been waiting for about 11 month or something ? did he apply using a lawyer ?
all the best thanks for the reply :P

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:45 pm

hi all ...does anyone knows that the processing time has changed from 6month to 9 month ...m already waiting since june ..and no news at all ...please post your experiance here and again thanks

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:09 am

HEY HOW WE DOING ? ANY NEWS YET ....THE WAITING TIME IS 9 MONTH OR SOMETHING ...PLEASE IF YOU CAN CONFIRM THIS ...THANK YOU VERY MUCH

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:25 pm

Issue of a document certifying permanent residence and a permanent residence card
18.—(1) The Secretary of State must issue an EEA national with a permanent right of residence
under regulation 15 with a document certifying permanent residence as soon as possible after an
application for such a document and proof that the EEA national has such a right is submitted to
the Secretary of State.
(2) The Secretary of State must issue a person who is not an EEA national who has a permanent
right of residence under regulation 15 with a permanent residence card no later than six months
after the date on which an application for a permanent residence card and proof that the person has
such a right is submitted to the Secretary of State.
(3) Subject to paragraph (5) and regulation 20(3), a permanent residence card shall be valid for
ten years from the date of issue and must be renewed on application.
(4) A document certifying permanent residence and a permanent residence card shall be issued
free of charge.
(5) A document certifying permanent residence and a permanent residence card shall cease to be
valid if the holder ceases to have a right of permanent residence under regulation 15.