ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA4 Processing TIME FOR PERMANENT RESIDENT

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:37 pm

3.2 Non-EEA nationals
Under Regulation 18(2) and Article 20 of 2004/38, Non-EEA national family members
who are entitled to reside in the UK permanently must be issued with a Permanent
Residence Card no later than 6 months after the application (plus the proof of
entitlement) has been received.

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:15 pm

EEA residency enquiries

You may wish to contact the European Enquiries Contact Centre if you are a national of the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland and you have a query regarding:
o registration certificates for yourself or a family member;
o a residence card;
o a family member residence stamp; or
o confirmation of permanent residence in the United Kingdom.

The centre is currently experiencing high call volumes which may lead to a delay in your call being answered. Our opening times are 0900 to 2100 Monday to Friday excluding Bank Holidays, but you may wish to contact us between the hours of 1800 and 2100 later in the week when we are less busy.

Please read our guidance on applying under European law before you contact us.

Phone: 0845 010 5200

Email: UKBAeuropeanenquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk

Opening Hours: Monday to Friday 0900 to 2100

heidi1234
Newly Registered

TIME FOR PERMANENT RESIDENT

Post by heidi1234 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:24 pm

Hi everyone
I am an EU and my husband is non EU. We applied for permanent residency for the entire family in August 2008. We then received an application certificate for all the applications and was told it can take up to 6 months to process. But from reading everyone posts it has made me worry that it could take longer. I have also just had a baby and need to get his EU passport. Its scary knowing that all your important documents, passports, birth certificates etc. are in someone else's possession and not knowing when we will have them all back is is frightening. We cant plan holidays or even get baby's passport which is annoying. don't bother phoning the number they give you as it will always say the same thing .. "our lines are currently busy, if you wish to speak to someone please call back"... CRAP :x I've lost count how many times ive called. So now i have posted them a letter and will wait and see what happens.
BTW... they haven't changed the processing dates on their site since who knows when......

heidi1234
Newly Registered

Post by heidi1234 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:34 pm

"Processing times

The time it takes to process your application will depend on the type of application you make and how you submit it.

If you make your application in person at Croydon public enquiry office, we will usually process your application on the same day."

Ive just read this on their website. Does that mean we could have done this in ONE DAY!!!... I wish i had known this before i applied. My husbands visa runs out in March.... i dont know what to do. Our applications were submitted in September for permanent residency!!..[/u]

joelondon
Member of Standing

Post by joelondon » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:36 pm

heidi1234 wrote:"Processing times

The time it takes to process your application will depend on the type of application you make and how you submit it.

If you make your application in person at Croydon public enquiry office, we will usually process your application on the same day."

Ive just read this on their website. Does that mean we could have done this in ONE DAY!!!... I wish i had known this before i applied. My husbands visa runs out in March.... i dont know what to do. Our applications were submitted in September for permanent residency!!..[/u]

there is no one day service for eea4 application :(...so dont bother and you just have to wait ..sorry

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:20 pm

heidi1234 wrote:"Processing times

That's from this page:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... tingtimes/

Relating to Bulgaria / Romanian nationals. Nothing to do at all with EEA4.

heidi1234
Newly Registered

Post by heidi1234 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:21 pm

yeah??
How are we meant to get hold of these people if something happens and we need our passports back urgently???. The phone number doesn't work and they don't reply to emails. Its really frustrating that i cant talk to someone there....

heidi1234
Newly Registered

That's from this page:

Post by heidi1234 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:24 pm

No actually i found it on this page: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucit ... ropeanlaw/

Permanent residence

After you have lived in the United Kingdom for a continuous period of five years you can apply for confirmation of your permanent residence. You will need to have been living in the United Kingdom and in employment, self-employment, studying or self-sufficient throughout the five-year period.

For your residence in the United Kingdom to be considered continuous you should not be absent from the United Kingdom for more than six months each year. Longer absences for compulsory military service will not affect your residence. Additionally, a single absence of a maximum of 12 months for important reasons such as pregnancy, child birth, serious illness, study, vocational training or posting overseas will not affect your residence.

EEA and Swiss nationals will be issued with a document that confirms they are permanent residents in the United Kingdom. This document has no expiry date. Applications by EEA and Swiss nationals should be made using application form EEA3. You can download it from the right side of this page.

Non-EEA nationals will be issued with an endorsement that is placed in the holder's passport. This endorsement is valid for 10 years. Applications from non-EEA nationals should be made using application form EEA4. You can download it from the right side of this page.
Making an application

There is no charge for applications under European law. You should make sure you use the correct application form. All application forms are available on the right side of this page.

The application forms contain details of all the information that you must supply to support your application. You must send the original documentation with your completed application form.

From 01 September 2008, all completed European application forms should be sent to:

European Applications
Home Office
PO Box 306
Dept 45
Liverpool
L2 0QN

Applications for registration certificates from EEA nationals can be made in person at our public enquiry office in Croydon, but this service is in high demand and appointments are booked up approximately two months in advance. You will need to make an appointment before you visit.

Details of the location of the public enquiry office, opening times and how to make an appointment can be found in the Contact us section.
Processing times

If you make your application in person at Croydon public enquiry office, we will usually process your application on the same day.

Ben
Diamond Member

Re: That's from this page:

Post by Ben » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:34 pm

heidi1234 wrote:No actually i found it on this page: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucit ... ropeanlaw/
Apologies Heidi, Google didn't find that. :oops:

I, for one, didn't know that if you make your application in person at Croydon public enquiry office, they will usually process your application on the same day.

How did we miss that?

heidi1234
Newly Registered

Apologies Heidi, Google didn't find that. Embarassed

Post by heidi1234 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:01 pm

Oh don't worry.....

Ive tried calling again to find out if i can have everything sent back to me and start over by doing it in person........but once again , NO SUCH LUCK!! :evil:
How are we meant to get hold of these people, its ridiculous. I feel like im in a rubbish where they gather all your personal information, take all life's documents and "disappear".......
I want to drive up there, tear their door down and demand some assistance :lol:

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:05 pm

I, for one, didn't know that if you make your application in person at Croydon public enquiry office, they will usually process your application on the same day.
Please re-read the UKBA link you posted: The in-person service is only available to EEA nationals applying for registration certificates (EEA1). All other applications for (permanent) residence - EEA2,3&4 - have to be made via the dreaded and lethargic postal process.

m-e-d
Newly Registered

Post by m-e-d » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:32 pm

Sorry to disappoint you, the fact is that they are an incompetent bunch of people and therefore that is a general wording when you apply for ILR, you do have to pay a crazy sum of money for same day service and eea4 is free so no same day service is available.

regarding the waiting time, YES brace yourself for a looooooooonnnnggggg wait and you know what? there is laterally nothing you can do about it.

I have exhausted all different ways but still waiting for 9 months now, My partner is French so have applied for a French passport 3 months ago and I Think I will get it before this bloody PR lol And hopefully get the hell out of this dearly beloved NAZY Island as no other modern country treats aliens that way or put asylum seekers indefinitely in jails and apparently that is not enough at all, according to the mainstream media.

Best of luck

bebe2

Post by bebe2 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:55 pm

m-e-d
welcome to great britain.
my lecturer at uni yester was tutoring us on foreign affairs.
when he came to immigration he made a statement that made me think.
he said '' the current immigration rules is to get rid of black and asain faces becos all the new regulation makes it almost impossible for africans and asians. it doesnt affect austalians or canadians. they now have eastern europeans that will do the job dirty jobs black used to do so they dont want them anymore. except the few highly skilled people afica has. they want to strip the continent dry.
hi

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:02 pm

Plum70 wrote:Please re-read the UKBA link you posted: The in-person service is only available to EEA nationals applying for registration certificates (EEA1). All other applications for (permanent) residence - EEA2,3&4 - have to be made via the dreaded and lethargic postal process.
Well I didn't post the link but.. does it say that? The in-person service is only available to EEA nationals applying for registration certificates (EEA1)? Because reading it quickly, it doesn't appear to be specific..

It does say:
Applications for registration certificates from EEA nationals can be made in person at our public enquiry office in Croydon, but this service is in high demand and appointments are booked up approximately two months in advance. You will need to make an appointment before you visit.
The above doesn't mention that EEA2, EEA3 or EEA4 applications cannot be made in person at the public enquiry office in Croydon. But perhaps we're supposed to read that as a given?

isceon

Post by isceon » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:04 pm

Hi bebe2 as you probably know it already my PR application has been refused http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=35293 because I did not provide my EX passport or ID like ur brother before.Can you give me some info about his appeal timeframe and what exactly bee said.Do u have the case number so I can read what has been said .IT would be interesting for me as I am going in the same direction as ur brother.
Thanks mate

Plum70
Diamond Member

Post by Plum70 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:31 pm

Well I didn't post the link but.. does it say that? The in-person service is only available to EEA nationals applying for registration certificates (EEA1)? Because reading it quickly, it doesn't appear to be specific..
It says so on each EEA2, 3&4 application form.
See http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... a/eea2.pdf as an example.

sierrammike
Newly Registered

Post by sierrammike » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:01 pm

bebe2 wrote:m-e-d
welcome to great britain.
my lecturer at uni yester was tutoring us on foreign affairs.
when he came to immigration he made a statement that made me think.
he said '' the current immigration rules is to get rid of black and asain faces becos all the new regulation makes it almost impossible for africans and asians. it doesnt affect austalians or canadians. they now have eastern europeans that will do the job dirty jobs black used to do so they dont want them anymore. except the few highly skilled people afica has. they want to strip the continent dry.
did your lecturer give any reasons/evidence to substantiate this statement.

bebe2

Post by bebe2 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:37 am

yes he did. and i can see it for my self. eg look at bthe point system , how can an average african meet that standard.
when inviting pple over you need to pay a a thousand to quarantee their retuin. if you are having a weddind how many thousands can you pay for ur relative.(proposal)
pple used to bring chinese or indians to work in restaurant to give the feel of the food. eg chinese working in chinese restaurant. now they cant as they have to show that the job has been advertised in uk for a period of time and they cant find the staff.
read the ukba coming to uk site .you will see how high the standards are.

my lecturer gave a funny example.
if you are coming here is a cleaner the door is BUT if you are a brain surgeon you are highly welcome.
hi

sierrammike
Newly Registered

Post by sierrammike » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:13 pm

bebe2 wrote:yes he did. and i can see it for my self. eg look at bthe point system , how can an average african meet that standard.
when inviting pple over you need to pay a a thousand to quarantee their retuin. if you are having a weddind how many thousands can you pay for ur relative.(proposal)
pple used to bring chinese or indians to work in restaurant to give the feel of the food. eg chinese working in chinese restaurant. now they cant as they have to show that the job has been advertised in uk for a period of time and they cant find the staff.
read the ukba coming to uk site .you will see how high the standards are.

my lecturer gave a funny example.
if you are coming here is a cleaner the door is BUT if you are a brain surgeon you are highly welcome.
apologies for going off topic here. are you against the high standards? and one more thing, a brain surgeon can be a cleaner if needed but a cleaner cannot be a brain surgeon overnite. which country on this planet would not want to have high standards? so if the UK has high standards whats the problem.

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Post by keshgrover » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:22 pm

bebe2 wrote:8 months? brace yourself. juicy biscuit has been waiting for 13mths.
i think they should start charging fees so they can get more staff in.
Guys calm down. We are here to help each other. So, stop all the arguments please.

Here is my Friend's experience.

He is still happily married with his partner. They got married in October 03. Applied RC in November 03, Got it in December 03. Their RC expired back in December 2008. Applied for PR in November 08. Home Office opened the application in December. Issued the Certificate of Application in January 09 and recieved them in February 09. Hope he gets it soon.
KESH

bebe2

Post by bebe2 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:23 pm

no am not,
all am saying is it is morally wrong to cream of the best and leave the country to rot. you can take doctors, hurses etc. these are professional that country spent money to train and educate now is time for them to contribute by taxes etc they are going to your country. nothing wrong with that but still but dont ban the non proffessional bcos you will be sentencing them to a life of hell. without the necessay people to look after them. a bit of each or none . that sounds fair to me.
hi

billi
Newly Registered

Post by billi » Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:51 pm

Sierrammike

I will about policies and that that are the best proof that’s if you are looking for a material answer but instead I will tackle it in a different way by using comparison.

There is nothing wrong with choosing the best and going for high quality people, what bebe2 said was just a tiny tip of the iceberg and the true identity of this country. Being a head-hunter myself I can reassure you that England is not a top destination for the elite, they rather go to countries like the US & CANADA where they are more accepted socially and not treated like 2nd class humans and make you pay huge sums of money for a simple right and make you think that they are doing you a favour.

The best way to look at it, is to grab the most popular news paper in the UK which is the sun (not the brightest one I know) and compare it to the most popular paper in any other modern country that attracts humans (immigrants) looking for a better life, and you will UNDERSTAND what I am talking about.

The other way to look at it is how the population respond to the immigration issue is scared that there will be more Blacks/Asians than whites, they will loose their identity, culture, pubs ..... and lets face it, this way of thinking is a pure far-right thinking if I shouldn’t say NAZI thinking, I can’t believe that this country fought and scarified a lot to get rid of this ideology but now I am asking myself if they didn’t fought the NAZI’S to replace them 50 years later ???!!!!!

The matter of the fact that as long as any country or civilisation enjoys prosperity it will attract more and more humans (immigrant) doesn’t matter how tight borders are or regulations. The ones who can understand that they will have the most of it and live their lives, the ones who are scared to loose their identity they will just suffer until they die with anger watching their identity disappear slowly but surely as history teach us that there are some rules of cavitations that no one can change even the UKBA.

Best of luck to every one waiting for his TRAVEL CARDS

heidi1234
Newly Registered

Permanent residency

Post by heidi1234 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:01 am

Hi everyone

haven't been on here for a while but i thought i would just update you.

I received a letter last week from the Border Agency asking for 2 of my childrens proof from schools that they've been living here since 2003.... so got that sorted and posted it back ASAP.

Then the very next day i received my Passport back with my Permanent Residency card. Still waiting for my husbands and 3 kids plus all the documents that were sent too.

Heidi (EEU NATIONAL)
APPLIED FOR PR AUGUST '08
GOT APPLICATION CERTIFICATES SEPTEMBER '08
RECEIVED MY PR CARD FEBRUARY '09

Chirurgie

Post by Chirurgie » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:39 pm

Heidi, your story is reassuring.

I applied for EEA4 form in mid-July 2008. My wife is an Irish national and we have been in UK since 2003 where she exercised her 'right to travel'. We had permits stamped in passport and upon 1 month of expiry at end of July 2008, we submitted the EEA4 form in mid-July 2008.

I did receive some letter of acknowledgement. Till today, I have heard nothing further. The EEA4 webpage states they are still processing Feb 2008 applications but I hope that is just a non-updated website.

Current wait from reading the forums here seems to be over 12 months?
May I ask a few things from those more experienced here:

-is there anything else I can do to make process faster? will hiring an Immigration Lawyer help? anyone have experience in this?

-if/when I get the ILR permit, I can then apply for Naturalisation in 1 year, is this correct?

Thank you very much all for your time!

heidi1234
Newly Registered

Post by heidi1234 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:26 pm

hi there

Its going to be a long wait im afraid. Its terrible the way the work and they dont do the entire family in one go. Every one seems to have their own case number. If you see below my name you will noticed how i have received things in drips and drabs... pathetic really. Lets just help no one of us will need to travel in urgency.

Another way you could do it is by doing it through an agent like VISAOFFICE but be prepared to pay ££££££.

good luck with it all and i hope you dont have to wait too much longer.

Heidi (EEU NATIONAL)
APPLIED FOR PR 23AUGUST '08
GOT APPLICATION CERTIFICATES 15 SEPTEMBER '08
RECEIVED MY PR CARD 03 FEBRUARY '09
RECEIVED LETTER ASKING FOR SCHOOL LETTERS 04 FEBRUARY '09
POSTED SCHOOL LETTERS BACK 06 FEBRUARY '09
RECEIVED LETTER STATED MY 3 YEAR OLD CANT GET PR 04 MARCH '09
RECEIVED 2 CHILDREN'S PR CARDS 05 MARCH '09