ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA4 Processing TIME FOR PERMANENT RESIDENT

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

heidi1234
Newly Registered

Post by heidi1234 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:28 pm

sorry, please excuse the spell mistakes on previos replky above, was replying on the ipod which isnt easy, hehehe :D

Chirurgie

Post by Chirurgie » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:32 pm

Thanks Heidi, reply much appreciated. In our favour, we do not have children and hope this makes the application easier (if not quicker!)

Anyone have experience with VISAOFFICE? Can they help in this matter and especially after application has already been submitted? thanks

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Post by keshgrover » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:26 pm

Chirurgie wrote:Thanks Heidi, reply much appreciated. In our favour, we do not have children and hope this makes the application easier (if not quicker!)

Anyone have experience with VISAOFFICE? Can they help in this matter and especially after application has already been submitted? thanks
That would be really interesting to findout how this VISA OFFICE does work in regards to PR applications.

Any one with similar experience? please share.
KESH

heidi1234
Newly Registered

Post by heidi1234 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:51 pm

Hi there

Give them a ring and see. We felt with them when we did the 5 year visa .
There website is
www.visa-office.com

Good luck and let us know what he says.

Heidi

Chirurgie

Post by Chirurgie » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:05 am

Thanks Heidi. I may do that. I am just wondering since my application has now been submitted for over 6 months if they can do anything about it. Maybe I should just be patient and wait another few more months :cry:

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Post by keshgrover » Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:56 pm

heidi1234 wrote:Hi there

There website is
www.visa-office.com

Heidi
Hi Heidi,

Things have changed a lot since you use the service of VISA OFFICE. Home office was used tobe very prompt and applications were being dealt within weeks 5 to 6 years ago. But now they have got a lot of s**** to sort out due to expension of EU. When my wife and I had our RC 5 and half years ago it only took 6 weeks that time from the date applications were submitted.

We both are still waiting for our PR. But it seems like we have to wait for long. May god put his mercy on us all.

Please share any progress guys.
KESH

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Post by keshgrover » Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:49 pm

keshgrover wrote:
heidi1234 wrote:Hi there

There website is
www.visa-office.com

Heidi
Hi Heidi,

Things have changed a lot since you use the service of VISA OFFICE. Home office was used tobe very prompt and applications were being dealt within weeks 5 to 6 years ago. But now they have got a lot of s**** to sort out due to expension of EU. When my wife and I had our RC 5 and half years ago it only took 6 weeks that time from the date applications were submitted.

We both are still waiting for our PR. But it seems like we have to wait for long. May god put his mercy on us all.

Please share any progress guys.
Any updates guys?
KESH

Chirurgie

Still waiting...

Post by Chirurgie » Sat May 02, 2009 9:48 pm

Sadly I am still waiting. It is now going to be 10 months in 2 weeks time. I am currently resigned to the fact that it will take around 12 months (and possibly up to 15months or more?). Sigh

Eric-Poole

EEA4 processing time

Post by Eric-Poole » Sat May 02, 2009 10:33 pm

Filed 7 month ago. Haven't heard anything. Pathetically even complaints letters are being ignored ... shame on the UK government !!

mustafa80
Newly Registered

Post by mustafa80 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:17 pm

I have been waiting since december 2008, I am actually stuck, thanks for all your replies and experience stories. but Ihave a question: on my COA letter it states that I am expected to present to my employer my PR on my passport but they still have my passport, am i illegally employed as i passed my six month period.

Chirurgie

Post by Chirurgie » Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:37 pm

mustafa80 wrote:I have been waiting since december 2008, I am actually stuck, thanks for all your replies and experience stories. but Ihave a question: on my COA letter it states that I am expected to present to my employer my PR on my passport but they still have my passport, am i illegally employed as i passed my six month period.
As long as they have your application in progress, your previously valid status remains unchanged. I just show them my old passport with previous letter of Spouse of EEA status and explain current passport with UKBA awaiting this application

sierrammike
Newly Registered

Post by sierrammike » Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:41 pm

Mustafa,

When i had called the HO, i had asked the same question. I was told that the employers can contact the HO on the number given in the COA.

as we know most employers will be a bit reluctant to do that, your best option is to call the HO and seek their advice. As on more than 1 ocassion they have said different things when asked questions like these.

mustafa80
Newly Registered

Post by mustafa80 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:45 am

Thank you.
I tried to contact the HO but it is almost impossible to get through, the same message always, all agents are busy and I should call back after 6:00 pm, when i called at 7:30 pm, I had the same message, I should call back after 6. It is crazy. I think the only option I have is to wait. I spoke to my solicitor yesterday, he said he will send a complaint letter and he thinks by complaining, we might get an answer back. I was also told that they are recruiting more people. I hope it is going to be fine because what worries me is what if they decide that my papers are incomplete and they reject it.

biggiesmall
Newly Registered

hi

Post by biggiesmall » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:46 am

Hi everyone,i got my PR this morning.Thank everyone on this forum for their advices.

SEPTEMBER 2008: Application was submitted to HO through my solicitor
APRILL 2009: Phoned HO and was told it takes 7 to 8months to complete
MARCH 2009: Sent email to nwcsu@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk to complain but never got any reply
JULY 9,2009:Phoned HO to complain but was told letter was sent to my solicitor on may 18th asking for further document which we never received and was asked to write a letter saying i did not receive the said letter and also send the documents requested
JULY 13: Sent the documents requested and a letter telling HO that i dont want my solicitor to represent me anymore.
JULY 22:Today,got my PR in the post and the PR was issued on July 15th,second day HO got the documents i sent.

I wish everyone waiting goodluck

bebe2

Post by bebe2 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:08 am

congrats biggiesmall
pls give us on wat grounds u applied.
are u still married to ur wife? wat documents did u give them? wat did they ask for?
hi

biggiesmall
Newly Registered

Post by biggiesmall » Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:45 pm

bebe2 wrote:congrats biggiesmall
pls give us on wat grounds u applied.
are u still married to ur wife? wat documents did u give them? wat did they ask for?
Did applied on the ground of EEA national spouse that has retained his recedency after 5yrs,i had the 5yrs RC before.Yes,im still married to my wife.They asked for my wife's payslips,P60,empolyer's letter and bank statements from april last year till may this year but only send the tax returns payment cos my wife is self empoyed and i was also asked for my P60,payslips and employer letter from last year april to may this year.I already gave them 5yrs documents last year when i applied.

zobir
Newly Registered

Post by zobir » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:33 pm

Congratulation!
Beeing free now you can do what ever you want,for me is 8monts and no news from the Uk Boreder,I sent a complain email on monday,we will see what gonna hapen.

mustafa80
Newly Registered

Post by mustafa80 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:32 pm

Congratulations I am so happy for you

Chirurgie

Post by Chirurgie » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:25 pm

Received my passport + ILD with all documents returned today (18th August 2009)

Thank you to all here whom have given great encouragement and support, not to mention invaluable help!

Summary to date:
22nd July 2008: EEA4 application entered on Home Office Database
August 2008: received certification of application (unsure exact date)
6th July 2009: Emailed my MP
7th July 2009: Emailed UKBA European Enquiries
10th July 2009: Received letter apologising and stated Caseworker allocation for action.
14th July 2009: Received letter from MP saying he has written to Minister for Immigration and will write again when he gets a reply
15th July 2009: Received letter (dated 9th July) asking for more evidence of stay in UK.
25th July 2009: Sent back all documents requested
18th August 2009: Receive passport with ILD (total of about 13 months)

Eric-Poole

Congratulations

Post by Eric-Poole » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:41 am

Congratulation Chirurgie,

One theme clearly appears: action pays and the more you make noise about your case the more chance you will stand that UKBA will do something about your case.

This is clearly NOT the way, a Governmental Organization should work !!
But given the incredible level of INCOMPETENCE shown by UKBA, this is unfortunately the only solution.

Cheers. Eric

CRAZYHOMEOFFICE
Newly Registered

Post by CRAZYHOMEOFFICE » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:24 pm

Probably put my other post in wrong place, anyway I agree with eric the only way i think to get them to do anything is complain as i said in my other post have now written to the Home Secretary directly to ask why they cannot do their jobs properly we are now at seven months and although i know it is longer for many of you there is no excuse is there as i said i have had enough of the excuses so lets see what Mr Alan Johnson has to say about the UKBA.....

Chirurgie

Re: Congratulations

Post by Chirurgie » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:46 pm

Eric-Poole wrote:Congratulation Chirurgie,

One theme clearly appears: action pays and the more you make noise about your case the more chance you will stand that UKBA will do something about your case.

This is clearly NOT the way, a Governmental Organization should work !!
But given the incredible level of INCOMPETENCE shown by UKBA, this is unfortunately the only solution.

Cheers. Eric

Indeed you are spot on Eric! I owe a lot to you whom keep stressing the point. I was patient for very long (too long!) and finally found this European Enquiries email for UKBA and received immediate letter apologising and case worker assigned. From that point, it was just over a month to getting my passport. Thanks again

mustafa80
Newly Registered

Post by mustafa80 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:04 pm

Guys, I want to thank you for all your posts and the experience i got from you. I got my PR today, applied December 2008, received COA letter 21 January, 22 July i sent a letter to Department 45, UKBA liverpool, 13 August the requested more docs. sent them back on same day. Today i received my PR dated 17 august.
I hope you will all get yours soon.

Soda
Newly Registered

Updates

Post by Soda » Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:36 am

All,

things seem to move a bit. We got contacted by UKBA yesterday asking for additional info related to my non-EEA spouse (I can't remember that anything like that was mentioned or required in the application form...).
That's exactly 3 months after the application. They told her that they sent
her application to Manchester as Liverpool can't cope...
I'll keep you posted about progress.

pon
Newly Registered

EEA4 Processing Time

Post by pon » Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:22 am

The UK Border Agency says on its website that `The UK Border Agency has changed the way that it processes applications by European nationals and their families for registration certificates, residence cards, family member residence stamps or confirmation of permanent residence in the United Kingdom.
Since 1 June 2009, we have been checking all applications as soon as we receive them. ' (Please see http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ns-june-09)

Does this mean they are processing the applications faster now?

I am non EU national who's been legally in the UK over 5 years, and currently have a family residence card (which expires 2012).

I am wondering if I should apply for the PR now or it can wait until later (like after we come back from winter holiday for example). I know it's up to me but I would consider applying now if they are processing it quicker than before. Thanks in advance for your advice.