ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employment Contract query re Spouse Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Weeladyred
Newly Registered

Employment Contract query re Spouse Visa

Post by Weeladyred » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:18 pm

Hi Everyone

I've been perusing this forum for a few days prior to registering but I haven't seen any posts regarding the outcome of submitting documents without the original employment contract.

I am currently in the process of applying for my spouse and his daughter to join me in the UK from Barbados. We married last summer in Barbados and have spent the last year going back and forth between Barbados and UK. I meet the financial requirements and accommodation requirements in order to support them but I'm a bit worried about one detail.

Unfortunately I no longer have my signed original contract so I printed off a copy which I had saved to my hard drive and which had been signed on behalf of the HR department prior to being emailed to myself but did not have my signature. In addition I included a stamped letter on headed paper from the HR department confirming my permanent employment status and gross salary in addition to payslips and bank statements and emails from the HR department showing that my contract had been amended from fixed term to permanent.

Can anyone advise whether the fact I could not provide the original signed copy cause an issue even though I have submitted a printed version in addition to other evidence?

Has anyone any personal experience of this issue since the July 2012 changes? :? :?:

ID29

Re: Employment Contract query re Spouse Visa

Post by ID29 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:07 pm

Weeladyred wrote:... Can anyone advise whether the fact I could not provide the original signed copy cause an issue even though I have submitted a printed version in addition to other evidence?
I think, given you've covered everything else, they shouldn't have a problem with this one document being a copy - that's if they even recognise it as such. It is also something they could easily verify with your employer if they do take exception to it.

Ideally, you should perhaps have obtained a new one from your employer (as your employment terms have changed that wouldn't be a bad idea anyway) or submitted a covering note to say the original document was lost/no longer available.

But like I say, don't worry, I think you will be okay with this one.

Weeladyred
Newly Registered

Post by Weeladyred » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:41 pm

Thank you for your response. It has reassured me so all I can do now is keep positive and hope it all works out! :D