ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Eng requirements for FLRm query

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mdc01am
Newly Registered

Eng requirements for FLRm query

Post by mdc01am » Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:44 pm

Any advice would be much appreciated

My wifes spouse visa is to expire in april 2016 & she will need to apply for extension/renewal of her UK spouse visa by submitting a Further Leave to Remain (FLR(M)) application.

Although wife has passed ESOL Entry Level 2 (which i believe is A2 level) through City & Guilds provider in 2014, I believe it is no longer valid!!

However she has passed the "OCR (Oxford Cambridge & RSA) Functional Skills Qualification in English at Level 2" this year & was awarded the certificate in September 2015. This is approved by Oxford & Cambridge & is superior to A2 level.

Would it therefore be true that she does not need to sit the IELTS A1 level exam as the OCR English level 2 certificate is more than enough?

geriatrix

Re: Eng requirements for FLRm query

Post by geriatrix » Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:24 pm

mdc01am wrote:Would it therefore be true that she does not need to sit the IELTS A1 level exam as the OCR English level 2 certificate is more than enough?
No.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

anisa9
Newly Registered

Post by anisa9 » Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:23 am

sushdmehta wrote:
mdc01am wrote:Would it therefore be true that she does not need to sit the IELTS A1 level exam as the OCR English level 2 certificate is more than enough?
No.

Hi

can i use my UK MS degree for the english language requirement?

regards

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:27 pm

Read this post.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!