ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Language Requirement For ILR Dependant

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

arsalan.shah
Newly Registered

English Language Requirement For ILR Dependant

Post by arsalan.shah » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:16 am

Good Morning

I need some guidance on the english language requirement for my wife who has an oversees Masters degree. She has got Engilsh Language Assessment Certificate from UK Naric confirming that 'The level of English Language for the above degree course is considered to meet the requirements of CEFR level B1'.

Does she need 'Statement of Comparability' in addition to this certificate or this should be sufficient to meet the english language requirements?

Thanks for your help.

arsalan.shah
Newly Registered

Re: English Language Requirement For ILR Dependant

Post by arsalan.shah » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:15 pm

I am so sorry for insisting but i will be highly obliged for some response here in case we would need to request something frm UK Naric whose turnaruond time is 10-15 days.

Hope someone out there would understand.

Thanks.

geriatrix

Re: English Language Requirement For ILR Dependant

Post by geriatrix » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:40 pm

If you are submitting an immigration application after midnight on 5 April 2016 and wish to use an overseas qualification to support your application, you will need to obtain a statement from UK National Academic Recognition Information Centre (UK NARIC). You will need to contact and pay UK NARIC directly for this. For further details visit the UK NARIC website.
It is yet uncertain if ELA/SOC letters obtained earlier can be used for immigration applications submitted on or after 06-Apr-2016, or whether statements issued by NARIC under their new launched Visa & Nationality Service only will be accepted.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!