ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Language requirement with a PhD degree from the UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

spbos
Newly Registered

English Language requirement with a PhD degree from the UK

Post by spbos » Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:26 pm

My spouse is a UK citizen. I am applying for a spouse visa. I have a masters as well as a PhD degree from a top school in the UK. Will it count towards the English language requirement? If yes, can I just submit copies of my degrees or shall I also have to get some sort of certificate from the UK NARIC?

Also, in the past I had applied for the same spouse visa. I was in the UK then and had taken an English language test from EMD on Feb 16, 2011. Is it still valid? I do not have much time now and taking an English language test will delay the visa application by at least two weeks. Is there any quick test for somebody living in the USA?

Will appreciate a quick answer. Many thanks.

Choc-Ice
Nigeria

Re: English Language requirement with a PhD degree from the

Post by Choc-Ice » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:08 pm

I have a masters as well as a PhD degree from a top school in the UK. Will it count towards the English language requirement? YESIf yes, can I just submit copies of my degrees JUST SUBMIT ORIGINAL COPIES..or shall I also have to get some sort of certificate from the UK NARIC? NO NEED
IMpossible is 2 letters to long!

spbos
Newly Registered

Re: English Language requirement with a PhD degree from the

Post by spbos » Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:29 pm

Many thanks, Choc-Ice. I really appreciate it.