ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family settlement visa for spouse in Nigeria

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

bspin12
Newly Registered

Family settlement visa for spouse in Nigeria

Post by bspin12 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:38 am

Hi,

Can someone who has had a successful application for their spouse in Nigeria for a Family Settlement Visa clarify a few things for me:

i) The application has to be completed online from Nigeria by the spouse, and not by the resident in the UK?

ii) Payment is made in Nigeria by the spouse by their bank card?

iii) In terms of documents to satisfy the financial requirements, would a certified P60 be enough, or does it also include originals/certified copies of the last 6 months payslips and or bank statements?

iii) From what I have searched it looks like after registering for Visa4UK the spouse in Nigeria would fill in an online application print it off, print off the Appendix 2 form for the financial requirement, fill that in seperately, and bring all of this (including the evidence of their settled spouse i.e. P60 e.t.c)to a Visa centre in Victoria Island, Lagos?

Is that the process anyone who had a successful application for their spouse in Nigeria went through?

Thanks,

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Family settlement visa for spouse in Nigeria

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:17 am

The process is pretty much the same regardless of which country it is applied in.
i) The application has to be completed online from Nigeria by the spouse, and not by the resident in the UK?
The UK spouse can complete it but the applicant in Nigeria must print and sign it.
ii) Payment is made in Nigeria by the spouse by their bank card?
Either partner can pay it.
iii) In terms of documents to satisfy the financial requirements, would a certified P60 be enough, or does it also include originals/certified copies of the last 6 months payslips and or bank statements?
NO!! A Certified P60 will NOT be enough and will result in a refusal. It is mandatory to submit 6 months ORIGINAL payslips and 6 months ORIGINAL bank statements.
iii) From what I have searched it looks like after registering for Visa4UK the spouse in Nigeria would fill in an online application print it off, print off the Appendix 2 form for the financial requirement, fill that in seperately, and bring all of this (including the evidence of their settled spouse i.e. P60 e.t.c)to a Visa centre in Victoria Island, Lagos?
I would imagine so. Once you complete the form online it will tell you what the process for submitting is.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

debooy2

Post by debooy2 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:35 pm

Hi,

I have another question please. Do I still need to pay for the NHS surcharge or is it included in the application fee?

And what is the correcrt IELTS test for her, General Training for UKVI or IELTS Life Skills A1 and B1?

I think it's the Life Skill A1 but need to be sure.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:40 pm

debooy2 wrote:Hi,

I have another question please. Do I still need to pay for the NHS surcharge or is it included in the application fee? The surcharge is separate to the visa fee. So it is £1195 visa fee and £600 health surcharge.

And what is the correcrt IELTS test for her, General Training for UKVI or IELTS Life Skills A1 and B1? IELTS A1

I think it's the Life Skill A1 but need to be sure.

Thanks
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.