ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fiancee VISA Approved - Hanoi, Vietnam

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

dan1988
Newly Registered

Fiancee VISA Approved - Hanoi, Vietnam

Post by dan1988 » Fri May 31, 2013 9:31 pm

Hello all,

I am a British citizen and my Fiancee is a Vietnamese citizen, on 15th May 2013 her Fiancee VISA was issued at Hanoi UK embassy.

Application Time line
13th March 2013 - Submitted online VISA4UK application
15th March 2013 - Submitted supporting documents and biometric data at Hanoi UK Embassy.
13th May 2013 - Received email from UKBA in Thailand advising a decision had been made. Documents ready to collect in Hanoi on 17th May.
14th May 2013 - received phone call from UK Embassy in Hanoi documents ready to collect.
15th May 2013 - Documents collected, Passport returned with 6 month Fiancee VISA valid from 1st August 2013.

The submitted documents were:

Section 1 – VISA Application Details
• VAF4A Form
• VAF4A Appendix 2 Form
• Sponsors VISA Appointment Booking
• Sponsors Letter
• Applicants Letter
• VISA Fee Receipt

Section 2 – Supporting Documents
• Applicants Birth Certificate (O)
• Applicants Passport (O)
• Applicants House hold book (O)
• Applicants Marital Status Certificate (O)
• Applicants Degree Certificate from University of the West of England (O)
• Applicants Passport Photo
• Sponsors Passport Photo
• Sponsors Birth Certificate (O)
• Sponsors Passport (CC)
• Sponsors Old Passports (O)

Section 3 – Financial Information
• Letter from Sponsors Employer
• Sponsors Payslips x 6 months (O)
• Sponsors P60 x 1 (O)
• Sponsors Bank Statements x 6 months (O)
• Sponsors Savings Accounts Statements x 6 months (O)

Section 4 – Proof of Relationship
• Photos of Applicant and sponsor
• Email Correspondents
• Skype Screenshots
• Facebook Conversations
• Sponsors Phone Statement x 6 months (O)
• Applicants Phone Statements x 6 months (O)
• Letter from Applicants Previous Landlord in UK
• Sponsors Flight Receipt
• Sponsors VISA to Vietnam (CC)
• Wedding booking Confirmation Emails
• Wedding Ring Receipt (O)
• Tickets for Trips in Vietnam (O)

Section 5 – Accommodation
• Letter from Sponsors Mother
• HM Land Registry Documents (O)
• Mortgage Statement x 6 (O)
• House Photos and dimensions (compiled by myself)

(O) = Orignal
(CC) = Certified Copy

Hope this can help people applying, I was very surprised at the quick response from the UKBA.

I have found this forum very helpful (and will continue to do so for the next step) so thanks to everyone for sharing their experiences.

sjrogers1
Newly Registered

Re: Fiancee VISA Approved - Hanoi, Vietnam

Post by sjrogers1 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:00 pm

Hi Dan,

My Vietnamese Fiancee and I are currently organizing all of our paper work for her Fiancee VISA that she will request from the Hanoi UK embassy.

I had a couple of queries regarding your paperwork that I am hoping you will be able to help me out with:

1. From the time line it seems as though it took a total of 9 weeks from application to approval. However, you have stated that the VISA was not valid until 1st August? Was this purely because you stated this as your preferred start date on the VISA? Would it have been possible for your VISA to have been valid from 15th May had this been your preference?

2. Can you please confirm the contents of the following letters/documents: "Sponsors VISA Appointment Booking - What actually is this?", "Sponsors Letter", "Applicants Letter", "Letter from Sponsors Employer". "Letter from Applicants Previous Landlord in UK", "letter from sponsors mother"

3. How were you able to book in the actual wedding? As the .gov website says this cannot be done legally until the VISA is issued.

4. What is a certified copy? is this with a covering letter from a witness to prove that the document is real?

5. Do you know where my fiancee can find / request a "Marital Status Certificate"

I would be very grateful if you are able to help us out, we just want to make sure that we submit everything that is required.

Many thanks,

Steve

Casa

Re: Fiancee VISA Approved - Hanoi, Vietnam

Post by Casa » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:12 pm

sjrogers1 wrote:Hi Dan,

My Vietnamese Fiancee and I are currently organizing all of our paper work for her Fiancee VISA that she will request from the Hanoi UK embassy.

I had a couple of queries regarding your paperwork that I am hoping you will be able to help me out with:

1. From the time line it seems as though it took a total of 9 weeks from application to approval. However, you have stated that the VISA was not valid until 1st August? Was this purely because you stated this as your preferred start date on the VISA? Would it have been possible for your VISA to have been valid from 15th May had this been your preference?

2. Can you please confirm the contents of the following letters/documents: "Sponsors VISA Appointment Booking - What actually is this?", "Sponsors Letter", "Applicants Letter", "Letter from Sponsors Employer". "Letter from Applicants Previous Landlord in UK", "letter from sponsors mother"

3. How were you able to book in the actual wedding? As the .gov website says this cannot be done legally until the VISA is issued.

4. What is a certified copy? is this with a covering letter from a witness to prove that the document is real?

5. Do you know where my fiancee can find / request a "Marital Status Certificate"

I would be very grateful if you are able to help us out, we just want to make sure that we submit everything that is required.

Many thanks,

Steve
You are unlikely to get a response. This thread is almost 4 years old and the member hasn't visited the forum since May 26, 2014

Far better to open your own topic and post your questions there. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.