ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

finaly got my EEA4 permanent resident

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

joelondon
Member of Standing

finaly got my EEA4 permanent resident

Post by joelondon » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:02 am

thank you for all the support and advice ...after 11 months of waitings ..finaly i got my PR ...i wish for everyone the best and to be patient ...patience pay ...good luck ...:)

mego_1980

Post by mego_1980 » Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:37 am

Congratulations.

could you tells us some details about your case.

thanks

Eric-Poole

Sucess too ... 8 months 16 days

Post by Eric-Poole » Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:19 pm

I received PR for my wife on Saturday too ... it took in total 8 months and 16 days !!!

Here are the key steps to the application:

18 Sept 2008 - submitted application - sent all originals including passports
30 Sept 2008 - received certification of application
19 Jan 2008 - wrote to ask confirmation that the file is complete.
14 Feb 2009 - sent reminder to previous letter
25 Feb 2009 - received letter telling me that UKBA too busy removing foreign national prisoners plus a useless apology. No useful info about my case!!
14 April 2009 - informed UKBA that they are in breach of EU Directive 2004/58/EC Article 10. Asked for committed date to process the application.
24 April 2009 - send reminder to above letter.
26 April 2009 - wrote to my MP (Email + recorded letter to Parliament)
29 April 2009 - received letter from MP that he had referred the matter to Head of UKBA
01 May 2009 - received apology letter telling me they are busy removing foreign national prisoners (what does this has to do with my case??)
04 May 2009 - received letter from Workflow Manager that case worker will be appointed
08 May - Received letter from case worked requesting additional info (evidence of residence between 2004 and 2005)
12 May 2009 - sent evidence
26 May 2009 - sent letter requesting confirmation that evidence provided is suitable. Reminded UKBA that procedure is 2 months overdue and asked committed date to complete application
06 June 2006 - received Permanent Residency + paperwork submitted.

I will be continuing checking this board and try to help other people with their case. Good luck to all of you still waiting for resolution. One advice: keep pushing your case, and do not hesitate to complain until you get heard !!!!

Cheers. Eric

mego_1980

Post by mego_1980 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:10 am

Hi Eric,

Did you apply with solicitor ?
Do you think it will take the same time in case of right of retention (divorcee case)?

thanks

Eric-Poole

Post by Eric-Poole » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:38 pm

Hi Mego_1980,

No I did not apply through a solicitor, I just completed the file and sent all attachment. Legally UKBA shall process all Application for Spouse Partners of EEA citizen within 6 Months. This is a LEGAL requirement.

If you application goes over, make a lot of noise (always write), send reminders/complaints if you do not get response, write to your MP, your MEP.
My advise, make it clear that not processing on time is BREAKING the law !!!!

I hope this helps. Cheers. Eric

grondo2001
Newly Registered

Post by grondo2001 » Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:18 pm

hello all
Another frustrated applicant here.
I sent my eea4 in 8/08 and still nothing.
impossible to reach them over the phone- waste of time, money and nerves. Hopefully I'll get it by July.
:x :x :x

Eric-Poole

Post by Eric-Poole » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:51 pm

I used the following policy:

1. Send recorded letter to UKBA in Liverpool and specify that response is required within 5/10 working days.

2. When response delay is expired resend the letter with REMINDER written in Large font.

3. If no response after step 2, write/fax to the North West CSU.

4. If no response after step 3, fax previous communication with complaint letter to ALL complaint units of UKBA.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/conta ... omplaints/

Usually after step 4, I got a response. If not repeat step 4 until you get a response.

keshgrover
Member of Standing

Post by keshgrover » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:12 am

Eric-Poole wrote:I used the following policy:

1. Send recorded letter to UKBA in Liverpool and specify that response is required within 5/10 working days.

2. When response delay is expired resend the letter with REMINDER written in Large font.

3. If no response after step 2, write/fax to the North West CSU.

4. If no response after step 3, fax previous communication with complaint letter to ALL complaint units of UKBA.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/conta ... omplaints/

Usually after step 4, I got a response. If not repeat step 4 until you get a response.

Hi Eric, Just a quick one mate, after taking your advice I sent number of complaints to HO and my local MP and they reacted together to my last compalint and sent my response within a week. HO state the same as they stated in your letters. However, I call HO after a week of their letter and the guy on other end said that my application has been processed and waiting in another department to get posted. It has been two weeks now and still no news.

What do you recommend on this one? Shall I make another complaint or just wait?
KESH

jahmicheal
Newly Registered

Re: finaly got my EEA4 permanent resident

Post by jahmicheal » Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:48 pm

congratulation and jubilation bro. so wat is the next step.

bebe2

Post by bebe2 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:02 am

hi
could you please give me the postal adress that i could send my complaint to.
thanks.
hi

Chirurgie

congrats

Post by Chirurgie » Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:48 pm

congrats for finally being 'free'! For me, it is now 11 months (submitted July 2008) but since I have not made any complaints, I fear there may be further delays.

I am currently trying to chase it up via SOLVE IT which was suggested by someone on this forum. Tricky thing is I cannot seem to find my letter of passport receipt and so accompanying case number which I need for SOLVE IT to help me. So going to have to write/call UKBA to try get this number.

bebe2

Post by bebe2 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:36 pm

chirugie
forget solve it i dont know anyone who has ever got a posotive result thru them.
your MP definately.
hi

Eric-Poole

Post by Eric-Poole » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:09 pm

Hi Keshgrover,

If you have not heard anything after 2 weeks, send a follow-up letter asking confirmation from the officer in charge that he'/she now has all of the information needed to process your case, and request written confirmation no later than 5 days following receipt of your letter - get some "signed for" forms from the post office and put the Tracking Number in your letter - use this number for follow-up correspondance. If you do not receive any response follow by a reminder letter 10 days after you sent your first letter. Send reminders until you finally get heard or escalate the procedure. Track the number of reminder that you sent, first reminder, second reminder, reminder #3, etc, and date each reminder.

You have to keep in mind that there is a very clear tipping point. Up until 6 months, there is unfortunately little that you can do to get UKBA to do anything. However after 6 months the situation is inverted. From this point, UKBA is in Breach of EU Directive 2004/58/EC article 10. Keep reminding this to them and request a committed dated for the completion of your case.

Remember that if you are meeting the conditions of the directive, as a spouse of EU/EEA citizen, you have a right to reside in the UK. By not complying with Directive 2004/58/EC, UKBA are breaking the Law, use this in your advantage to put pressure on them.

In case this may help I attach a sample of my final letter to them reminded them "kindly" that they are in breach of law and asking for committed date for completion. Be firm, right to the point (avoid agressive style) and alway request a call to action in your letters (this will guarantee that your application progresses).
On 12 May 2009 you received by Recorded Post BRxxxxxxxx the additional information requested in your letter dated 6th May 2009. Not having heard anything from you since, I hereby formally ask you to confirm that you now have all of the information to complete the application.

Since the legal timeframe to process the application as per Article 10 of Directive 2004/58/EC is now xx months overdue, I hereby request that you commit to a date when the process will be completed and I will receive my passport back.

In view of the delays already occurred, I request to receive an answer from your part, no later than 5 working days from receipt of this letter.
I hope this helps. Eric

Chirurgie

Post by Chirurgie » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:07 am

bebe2 wrote:chirugie
forget solve it i dont know anyone who has ever got a posotive result thru them.
your MP definately.
Thanks Bebe. Have sinced written to MP now. Hope to report a positive response soon. Will be a year now by end of July! :shock:

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:58 am

Eric-Poole,

Have you considered collecting together all your costs associated with their slow processing of the PR and requesting UKBA pay them? You could then go to small claims court if they ignore you. They will then pay attention!

biggiesmall
Newly Registered

Post by biggiesmall » Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:11 pm

i need advice please.How can i ask the HO to stop sending correspondence to my solicitor?I did applied for PR on september 2008 and send complain letters to HO after the 6months lapsed and my solicitor did not to do anything when i complained to him that i havent heard anything from HO yet.I got through to HO today and was told they sent a letter on may 18th asking for more documents and i did tell the woman i spoke to that my solicitor didnt recieve any letter and she told me to get in touch with my solicitor to write a letter to HO that he didnt receive letter cos the 21days of requirement of documents has lapsed.I got in touch with my solicitor just now and he told me he did not recieve any letter from HO and the lazy bastard is asking me more money to write a letter to HO.Can someone pls advice me how i can take over from my solicitor?Thanks

Eric-Poole

Recovering costs

Post by Eric-Poole » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:29 pm

Hi Directive/2004/38/EC,

I did without a solicitor, so I probably spent 25 pounds in recorded letters and a few quids on faxes. As I have seen from a few posts even those using solicitors are experiencing the same wait.

Since I had quite a few people asking me for example of letters, I published samples on this forum.

Cheers. Eric

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:25 am

Demand your £25 back plus (for example) £20/hr for your time. What do you have to loose?

Chirurgie

Post by Chirurgie » Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:01 pm

Chirurgie wrote:
bebe2 wrote:chirugie
your MP definately.
Thanks Bebe. Have sinced written to MP now. Hope to report a positive response soon. Will be a year now by end of July! :shock:
After not hearing back from my MP on 6th of July, I then emailed a similiar complaint letter to UKBA European Enquiries (email UKBAeuropeanenquiries@ukba.gsi.gov.uk ) on 7th of July.

Today (10th of July) I received a letter today (dated 7th of July) from UKBA LCCW (Liverpool Charged Casework WorkFlow) office apologising for the time taken and sorry that I felt it necessary to complain (!). They gave usual spiel about 'resources engaged in removing foreign national prisoners and moving from Crydon to Liverpool.

Anyhow, the important thing is they say that my application has now been allocated to a caseworker for action and I will be contacted if any further information/documentation required. That is PROGRESS!!!

I am now hopeful that this will be resolved shortly. For the record, I submitted my application on 22nd July 2008! So it will be a year in less than 2 week's time...

Eric-Poole

Success?

Post by Eric-Poole » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:47 pm

Hi Chirurgie,

Did you get any result with your application?

Cheers. Eric

Chirurgie

Re: Success?

Post by Chirurgie » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:59 pm

Eric-Poole wrote:Hi Chirurgie,

Did you get any result with your application?

Cheers. Eric
/
Well, I received a letter from my caseworker requesting more information and proof of certain dates to fill the 5-year gap and I sent this off 25th July.

Not heard anything back since but am keeping all fingers crossed!

mego_1980

Post by mego_1980 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:57 am

Hi Chirugie,

what are the requesting information ?is it regarding job time or proof of living for the 5 years?

thanks

mego

Chirurgie

Post by Chirurgie » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:31 pm

mego_1980 wrote:Hi Chirugie,

what are the requesting information ?is it regarding job time or proof of living for the 5 years?

thanks

mego
Proof of certain months here for me and for my wife of continuous 5 years here (as she had some time between degree and work)

avila
Newly Registered

I've got my Passport Back with my stamp of Resident permit.

Post by avila » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:22 pm

Hi Guys, Just to let you know that I’ve submitted my application for the EEU4
(Permanent Residence Card) on 16 of January 2010. I’ve received a letter certification of application on 27 of January 2010. And For 22 of March 2010 I’ve received my Passport Back with my stamp of Resident permit.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Re: I've got my Passport Back with my stamp of Resident perm

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:36 pm

avila wrote:Hi Guys, Just to let you know that I’ve submitted my application for the EEU4
(Permanent Residence Card) on 16 of January 2010. I’ve received a letter certification of application on 27 of January 2010. And For 22 of March 2010 I’ve received my Passport Back with my stamp of Resident permit.
Did they give you the Permanent Residence Card on 22 March 2010, or is it something else?