ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(FP) Extension

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

oamalik
Newly Registered

FLR(FP) Extension

Post by oamalik » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:19 pm

Hi

I am posting here for the 1st time.

I applied in Feb 2012 FLR(O) on basis on going family court case for child access.Leave was granted in feb 2013 but for 2.5 years on 10 year route even though i applied before 9 July 2012.But my solicitor said it does not matter I can apply for ILR after 6 years.

I applied for extension on 8th Aug 2015.Received acknowledgement along with biometric letter on 19 Aug.Did biometrics on 26 Aug.The documents i submitted were pictures of contact along with maintinence proof as well as letter from my ex partner confirming contact and maintanence along with the picture of her with the letter so that they know it wasnt me who just typed and sent it.Also sent A1 english certificate and birth certificates of my daughters.And I sent my bank statements as well as SA302 for last year for me being employed as well as self employed.Current contract of services for self employed from the company I am currently providing my services to.I also sent few receipts of movies i went with my daughters and mcdonalds and stuff like that.

It has been a month now and still no correspondence from home office since biometric letter.My solicitor said they might contact my ex partner but they havent contacted her either yet not they have asked me for any further documents.

I have two questions.

1-How long does it normally take for extension in my situation?
2-is y solicitor right that I fall on preveious category of 6 years ILR?

Thanks

Application Date : 8/8/15
Fee Deducted : 10/8/15
Biometric Letter & Acknowledgement : 19/8/15
Biometric Done : 26/8/15
Decesion : Waiting
BRP : Waiting

oamalik
Newly Registered

Re: FLR(FP) Extension

Post by oamalik » Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:39 am

Hi

I applied in DEC 2011 FLR(O) on basis on going family court case for child access.Leave was granted in feb 2013 but for 2.5 years on 10 year route even though i applied before 9 July 2012.But my solicitor said it does not matter I can apply for ILR after 6 years.

I applied for extension on 8th Aug 2015.Received acknowledgement along with biometric letter on 19 Aug.Did biometrics on 26 Aug.The documents i submitted were pictures of contact along with maintinence proof as well as letter from my ex partner confirming contact and maintanence along with the picture of her with the letter so that they know it wasnt me who just typed and sent it.Also sent A1 english certificate and birth certificates of my daughters.And I sent my bank statements as well as SA302 for last year for me being employed as well as self employed.Current contract of services for self employed from the company I am currently providing my services to.I also sent few receipts of movies i went with my daughters and mcdonalds and stuff like that.

It has been a month now and still no correspondence from home office since biometric letter.My solicitor said they might contact my ex partner but they havent contacted her either yet not they have asked me for any further documents.

I have two questions.

Thanks

Decesion : Waiting
BRP : Waiting

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Oct 01, 2015 9:17 am

Well the Lawyer is in some way right and in some way not right.

You are under the 10 years route, if he felt Edgehill was engaged in your case and you should have been issues under the Old rules, they he ought to have written to them about that.

He cannot simply proceed on that basis and live you on a short fall of several months , when he has not brought this to their attention .
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

oamalik
Newly Registered

Post by oamalik » Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:30 pm

Obie wrote:Well the Lawyer is in some way right and in some way not right.

You are under the 10 years route, if he felt Edgehill was engaged in your case and you should have been issues under the Old rules, they he ought to have written to them about that.

He cannot simply proceed on that basis and live you on a short fall of several months , when he has not brought this to their attention .
Thanks

Is it possible to to include edgehill at the time of ILR?

Do you also have any info about processing time?

Thanks

oamalik
Newly Registered

Post by oamalik » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:46 pm

Guess no one has the answer to my question.Any way to update the thread i consulted one of my work collegues who also has an immigration law firm as well.He said that I will need to write to home office about the situation.They may or may not accept this as it is too late.Then I will need to file for judicial review where it could get accepted.They would have accepted if I did write them in time during my first FLR period of 2.5 years.He also said there has been a ruling that cases which fall under that specific period of old rules will have the same old rules applied to them.Any one has info regarding that?

Spoke to my solicitor again and he has the same answer that I should need not worry as I can apply for ILR after this second FLR period of 2.5 years.Any way in both situation all is not doom n gloom.May be another advice i will get from another reputable solicitor.

Any way lates news is as follows

Decesion : 16/10/15 Granted
BRP : 23/10/15

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:50 pm

oamalik wrote:Guess no one has the answer to my question.Any way to update the thread i consulted one of my work collegues who also has an immigration law firm as well.He said that I will need to write to home office about the situation.They may or may not accept this as it is too late.Then I will need to file for judicial review where it could get accepted.They would have accepted if I did write them in time during my first FLR period of 2.5 years.He also said there has been a ruling that cases which fall under that specific period of old rules will have the same old rules applied to them.Any one has info regarding that?

Spoke to my solicitor again and he has the same answer that I should need not worry as I can apply for ILR after this second FLR period of 2.5 years.Any way in both situation all is not doom n gloom.May be another advice i will get from another reputable solicitor.

I have given you the answer and the caselaw.

just that you wanted a second opinion , which you are entitled to..

oamalik
Newly Registered

Post by oamalik » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:59 pm

Obie wrote:
oamalik wrote:Guess no one has the answer to my question.Any way to update the thread i consulted one of my work collegues who also has an immigration law firm as well.He said that I will need to write to home office about the situation.They may or may not accept this as it is too late.Then I will need to file for judicial review where it could get accepted.They would have accepted if I did write them in time during my first FLR period of 2.5 years.He also said there has been a ruling that cases which fall under that specific period of old rules will have the same old rules applied to them.Any one has info regarding that?

I have given you the answer and the caselaw.

just that you wanted a second opinion , which you are entitled to..
Thanks for your response.Its quite confusing really with different opinions with different people.My collegue said that the cases that were sent to the home office on 8 July 2012 also had decesions with new rules but they were later rectified under old rules when questioned the home office.so the answer i got from my solictior and my collegues are also right in some way or not?i am just asking your opinion?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:13 pm

Well your solicitor has acted in an incompetent manner. He ought to have informed them of the legal position when last application was made.

Its odd, that he is proposing to notify them in 2018.

oamalik
Newly Registered

Post by oamalik » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:17 pm

Obie wrote:Well your solicitor has acted in an incompetent manner. He ought to have informed them of the legal position when last application was made.

Its odd, that he is proposing to notify them in 2018.
Thank you.Yes I have the same opinion.I will consult some other firm regarding that.Before I was waiting for the application outcome.Now that sorted I will have to work this out too.Thanks for your help

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:20 pm

It is a bit late on the Day and Home office may seek to resist it.

oamalik
Newly Registered

Post by oamalik » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:27 pm

Obie wrote:It is a bit late on the Day and Home office may seek to resist it.
Yes but its beter than waiting 7.5 years

oamalik
Newly Registered

Post by oamalik » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:29 pm

oamalik wrote:
Obie wrote:It is a bit late on the Day and Home office may seek to resist it.
Yes but its beter than waiting 7.5 years
I will have to fight another few years for that i guess lol

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:32 pm

Very well so. I accept.

But the courts will have difficulty accepting this, without more, when you failed to challenge it all this whiles.

In law and judicial proceedings, timing is of utmost importance.

oamalik
Newly Registered

Post by oamalik » Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:40 am

Obie wrote:Very well so. I accept.

But the courts will have difficulty accepting this, without more, when you failed to challenge it all this whiles.

In law and judicial proceedings, timing is of utmost importance.
Further update

I received my documents and BRP from my solicitor today.And header of my decesion says 5 year parent route now surprisingly. Hope it clears mind of loads of people with same situation as mine.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:56 am

It ease your problem slightly but not completely. It means u have to wait until 2020 to qualify , rather than 2023.

It still does not solve the fact that you are still being considered under the new rules.

It will appear when solicitor filled in the FLR (FP), he showed you were now in gainful employment and have sufficient English language ability.

oamalik
Newly Registered

Post by oamalik » Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:57 pm

I am quite confused at the moment.See this https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _final.pdf

Bamtexltd
Newly Registered

Post by Bamtexltd » Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:16 am

[quote="oamalik"]Hi

I am posting here for the 1st time.

I applied in Feb 2012 FLR(O) on basis on going family court case for child access.Leave was granted in feb 2013 but for 2.5 years on 10 year route even though i applied before 9 July 2012.But my solicitor said it does not matter I can apply for ILR after 6 years.

I have two questions.

Hi mate,
Can you help me wth the format of the your ex partner letter, I'm in the same shoe with you, when I ask my ex partner to write support letter for me, she doesn't know what to write, I will be very happy if you can send me the format how your ex partner write her on letter, so I can show her.
More so, there's a question in the application form which I didn't understand, can you help me with the question
1. Do you have sole responsibility for their upbringing? Yes or no
2. Does the child normally live with you and not their other parent? No because she live with her mum (my ex partner)
3. Do you have access right to this child? Yes I have court order
Can you help me with the question