ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR M 5 year or 10 year route

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mthompson
Newly Registered

FLR M 5 year or 10 year route

Post by mthompson » Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:47 pm

Hi Everyone,
I hope if anybody can give me an advice. I arrived in the UK on a spouse visa last August 2012 from abroad extended my visa using the FLR M form last June 2014. It was rejected first because I didn't take an English test just gave them a copy of my diploma and other credentials which is according to them is not on UK NARIC database, but they extended my visa 2.5 years and it will end this May 2017 and told me I am on a 10 year settlement rather than a five year one. My question is since then I took and pass my CEFR level B1 what form should I use is it FLR M or FLR FP to extend my visa. Is there any chance they will let me apply for an ILR since I pass my English test anyway and stayed in the UK for 5 years already. According to Home Office the reason they refused my FLR M 5 years route was I didn't take the English test when I apply for my first extension anyway. My husband is a British citizen from birth we have 2 daughters they are British citizens as well. I will be grateful if anybody can give me any advise.
Thank you.

Obie
Ireland

Re: FLR M 5 year or 10 year route

Post by Obie » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:27 pm

It will make no difference as you have broken your path to ILR.

You can switch to FLR(M), but you will have to wait for 5 years.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors