ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) application during study

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

MKC
Turkey

FLR(M) application during study

Post by MKC » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:46 am

Hi everyone,

I am on the '5 year route' spouse visa. My initial visa was granted on 28/02/2015 and I need to apply for FLR(M) in November 2017.
I applied for a postgraduate program last month and just received an offer. The university is 2.5 hours from where we live, so I can't really commute. Therefore, I would have to stay in the student halls from October 2017 on (just 2 months prior to my FLR(M) application).
We can prove all the requirements (financial, cohabitation etc.) by Home office up to September 2017. However, we won't be cohabiting during my application and 6 months after if I study.

Would it necessarily cause my visa get rejected even if we prove we have a genuine relationship, living apart is temporary for uni and we will be seeing each other every weekend?
We even bought a flat together (Although it is on my husband's name due to mortgage etc., I paid half of the costs up to now and all bank statements are proving this). Would it be a convincing reason that we plan our future together?

Otherwise, I will have to request to defer my study for a year or if I am not allowed I will make a fresh application next year.

The other option is applying for 'Tier 4' visa for study and return to FLR(M) spouse visa if it is possible but it will mess up my 5 year route and might cause more complications. (considering the rules are being tightened every minute)

Is there anyone to advise whether I am right in my thoughts or any other way out of this problem?

Thanks