ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (M) - Current processing time for US resident?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Welshy
Newly Registered

FLR (M) - Current processing time for US resident?

Post by Welshy » Tue May 22, 2012 5:22 pm

Hey everyone,

Was hoping that someone may be able to shed a little light on the whole visa situation that my wife and I are having at the moment. She is a US National

We were married in February, changed the name on my wife's passport and then sent off the (FLR) application off 9 weeks ago, yesterday. Since then, we have completed and sent the biometrics as requested (through a post office) and the funds have been taken from our account. In terms of eligiblity, we tick every box but we still have not heard anything and are understandably becoming a little anxious as my wife wants to work!

The stumbling block we are hitting is that there is nowhere that provides an approximate processing time or ways to contact the UKBA for advice. As well as that, I have been told by a friend that if we do contact the UKBA and they have to look at our file, doing so will void the application and we will be without an application and the fee we have already paid. Is this correct or are there ways to find out where we stand?

Apologies if this isn't the correct forum or anything, but I think I came to the right place and I was able to obtain useful pieces of information from here in the application process itself.

Appreciate any help anyone can provide.

Welshy

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Tue May 22, 2012 5:30 pm

your wife has not made a tier 1 general application so this is not the correct section of the forum. The immigration for family members section would be more appropriate. Hopefully a moderator will move the thread for you.

Your wife's nationality is not really relevent when it comes to the processing times.

See FLR(M) processing times 2011/12

you will see that the time you have spent waiting so far is not unusual.

Your friend is mistaken by saying that your application will be 'void' if you call them up to ask. However there is little point contacting them at the moment as they won't be able to tell you anything. Unfortunately you just need to wait.

Welshy
Newly Registered

Post by Welshy » Wed May 23, 2012 10:04 am

Many thanks Greenie, appreciate the link you provided.