ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) information - application on hold

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

marymartinssolo
Newly Registered

FLR(M) information - application on hold

Post by marymartinssolo » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:48 pm

Hi there,
does anyone knows if it is possible to work while the application is pending??
My husband apply for FLR (M) VISA almost 3 months ago.
We went to apply in person.
Now he got a job a job offer and his passport and his national number are with the home office.
Does Anyone knows if we can ask a copy of those documents to the HO to allow him to start a job???
Thanks
Maria

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: FLR(M) informations

Post by Damanisshallo » Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:12 pm

marymartinssolo wrote:Hi there,
does anyone knows if it is possible to work while the application is pending??
My husband apply for FLR (M) VISA almost 3 months ago.
We went to apply in person.
Now he got a job a job offer and his passport and his national number are with the home office.
Does Anyone knows if we can ask a copy of those documents to the HO to allow him to start a job???
Thanks
Maria
If you've already submitted your biometrics you should be on the system. Please give them (Your Employer)this. However if they hesitate to help you out take this along with your Acknowledgement & Biometric letter and ask them to have a look at Frequently Asked Questions->What is my immigration status while my application is being decided? from the link.

You can also show them section 3C of the Immigration Act 1971 from the Legislation.

But I also need to warn you that in-spite of having so many evidences, it purely depends on your luck and the person you are talking to. Coz not all HR's are well qualified. So Good luck. Also tell your employer that they request a response from UKBA using ECS and once they get a positive response it can be used for 12 months.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

marymartinssolo
Newly Registered

Post by marymartinssolo » Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:39 pm

thanks for your answer.

The employer told him that he needs the copy of first page of the passport and the national number copy to start,but i read that if we ask to the HO is application can be delayed.
About the biometrics he didn't get any card yet,but the day of the appointment they gave him a letter saying that the application was valid,but they need more time to do more checks but he got all the right to do what he was doing when he arrive here in London 4 months ago...and he was not working but he manage to get bank account and national number because of me and the proof of address.

merry_3
- thin ice -

Post by merry_3 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:46 am

:)

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:56 pm

marymartinssolo wrote:HI everyone,
I just receive a letter from home office letting me know that the application (FLR-M) of my husband is still on hold due to High Court decision related to financial/income level.
Home office has appealed against High Court decision so the application has been delayed.
There is anyone that can suggest me what to do?
I have been told to contact a lawyer or to find an MP on my area because they can help a lot.
Someone can help please???
thanks
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:57 pm

Nothing you can do but wait unless you have additional evidence to show you meet the financial requirement.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

marymartinssolo
Newly Registered

Post by marymartinssolo » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:05 pm

ok thanks

marymartinssolo
Newly Registered

Post by marymartinssolo » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:15 pm

Sorry additional information you mean more payslip??
...Since the minimum wage has been rise up!!

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:23 pm

Do you now meet the financial requirement?

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:26 pm

Minimum income threshold for family migrants wrote:We are looking closely at the judgment and its likely impact on the minimum income threshold before we decide how to respond. In the meantime, where an applicant does not meet the minimum income threshold and there is no other reason to refuse it, the application will be put on hold.'

If the above news is to be believed, then your FLR(M) is affected with the current threshold hence put on hold.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:33 pm

See also update on when the court will consider the appeal.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

marymartinssolo
Newly Registered

Post by marymartinssolo » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:40 pm

Right,
when I applied with my husband,we submitted my payslip and my P60,plus the bank statement at that day was missing 150 pound to meet the financial requirement ,but when we show my husband bank statement the total amount was exceeded.
So we though was fine..and now this letter..but since I get a increase on the salary maybe I should send everything again!

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:08 pm

Indeed you can send it all again if the requirements are now met asking them to reconsider.

marymartinssolo
Newly Registered

Post by marymartinssolo » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:46 pm

really appreciate your answer.
i will do that but what u suggest to do,go there personally or send everything??
Before half October I changed address and I changed it online in the HO web site and guess what?They send me the letter on the old address..now i don't really trust them...I am lucky that I have still access to the old house...
Do I need to take an appointment???
thanks again

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:04 pm

You can't go to a PEO you should submit the additional evidence to the UKBA and include a cover letter asking then to ensure that the address details are updated. Include a pre-paid SAE special delivery so they can send the documents back via special delivery and you can track them.

marymartinssolo
Newly Registered

Post by marymartinssolo » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:40 pm

And the MP can help in that??
Or should i contact him after i send the evidence??

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:45 pm

I doubt the MP will be of much help, but you can always ask.