ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (M) requirements and process

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Tanzeel27
Newly Registered

FLR (M) requirements and process

Post by Tanzeel27 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:36 am

Hi All

Apologies if i am posting to the wrong group i'm newly registered but have been following thr forum for a long time.

My partner is currently in the uk on the 30 month visa and is due shortly due to exipre. I understand that we need to apply for FLR (M). I have seen that there are a few waya to apply but thr one i am interested in is premium day service which i know is more expensive. I have done some research on what are the requirements but need some questions answering and im hoping you lovly people will be able to help

Q1. What documents do i need to provide as the sponsor?

Q2. Will she need a residence permit again? Im sure she had this done abroad when she came? How do i know if i have it not and how can i get one?

Q3. We have 1 child together (little girl) and she was born in October, do i need to add her into the application aswell as she was born in UK?

Q4. I understand that when my wifes visa exipres it will be after 1 may 2017 which means the new language requirements will come into effect, what test does she need to pass?

Q5. What documents do i need to take with me to the appointment the day service one?

Q6. When do i actually apply for thr visa a certain days before it expires? What if appointment is after that date?

Q7. What are the current fees including the health charge?

Q8. I own a 5 bed house does anything eith the document need to be provided?

Q9. In terms of financial requirements i earn 27k per year.. is it the standard 6 months bank statements and payslips i need to provide?

Last question
Q10. what documents are they looking for to prove we are together, living together will joint water bill, bank account, joint electric and gas bill and joint council tax suffice?

Thanks guys any help is much appreciated.

secret.simon

Re: FLR (M) requirements and process

Post by secret.simon » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:19 am

What is your (the sponsor's) current status in the UK? Are you a British citizen, on ILR, on PBS or on another immigration route?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Tanzeel27
Newly Registered

Post by Tanzeel27 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:12 am

Im am a british citizen.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:20 am

Reading the FLR(M) form and guidance notes will answer most of your questions.
Q1. What documents do i need to provide as the sponsor?
Passport, bank statements, payslips
Q2. Will she need a residence permit again? Im sure she had this done abroad when she came? How do i know if i have it not and how can i get one?
If she has a visa in her passport, then she doesn't need anything else. Her new visa will be a biometric residence card and is part of the visa application process.
Q3. We have 1 child together (little girl) and she was born in October, do i need to add her into the application aswell as she was born in UK?
Child is British. You need to mention the details in the relevant part of the form BUT you are obviously NOT applying for a visa.
Q4. I understand that when my wifes visa exipres it will be after 1 may 2017 which means the new language requirements will come into effect, what test does she need to pass?
When are you applying for the extension? You don't mention when her visa expires. What test she needs depends on when you apply not when the visa expires.
Q5. What documents do i need to take with me to the appointment the day service one?
ALL the documents the form asks for.
Q6. When do i actually apply for thr visa a certain days before it expires? What if appointment is after that date?
It depends when the visa expires. What is the start date of her visa and when did she enter the UK. You cannot apply for an extension if the visa has expired, this will create a world of pain. She MUST apply before it expires. You choose the appointment, it is not chosen for you.
Q7. What are the current fees including the health charge?
To apply in person is £1311 PLUS £500 health surcharge.
Q8. I own a 5 bed house does anything eith the document need to be provided?
Proof of adequate accommodation required.
Q9. In terms of financial requirements i earn 27k per year.. is it the standard 6 months bank statements and payslips i need to provide?
Yes.
Q10. what documents are they looking for to prove we are together, living together will joint water bill, bank account, joint electric and gas bill and joint council tax suffice?
Read page 65/66 of the FLR(M) form, it gives examples of what documents HO expects to see.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Tanzeel27
Newly Registered

Post by Tanzeel27 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:43 am

When are you applying for the extension? You don't mention when her visa expires. What test she needs depends on when you apply not when the visa expires.
Visa is set to expire in 01 December 2017

Thank you for answering the rest of the questions.

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:48 am

I'm confused. You say in your opening post that your wife's current visa is due to expire 'shortly', but it appears that it won't expire for another 11 months or so. :?

When you do intend to apply for FLR(M) :?:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Tanzeel27
Newly Registered

Post by Tanzeel27 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:56 pm

Not sure what there is to be confused about.. trying to be a little pro active and gey things ready, examplw you dont expect to take a english test just before the visa expires do you?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:57 pm

A2 English test then as you are only applying later in the year.

Good luck
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:45 pm

I wanted to clarify that you weren't intending to apply too early which would have resulted in the requirement for an additional FLR(M) extension due to a shortfall for ILR. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.