ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) Waiting times

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

axk462
Newly Registered

FLR(M) Waiting times

Post by axk462 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:13 pm

Hi. Can someone help me in finding or guiding me to the solution of my problem:

I applied on new flr(m) form back in May 2009 for a spouse visa as my wife had a PR here and we got married back in March 2009. My status currently is on Work Permit untill I get my passports back with spouse visa 'stamped on'.

Now the fear and problem I have is that when i read the FLR guidance notes in April 2009 it said that mostly the cases are dealt in 4weeks and max upto 14 weeks. As in the new FLR forms (and on Home Office website) the waiting times have been increased to 6months (without any description of min and max time). The problem is that I have now finished my job with the current employer and have interviewed with couple of new employers. Also I cant start my work with new employer untill I get my documents back so as to prove to my new employer that I am legal to stay and work here in UK on Spouse visa.

Can anyone tell what is the best thing to do. I know home office say that we should call them after 14 weeks of the application should we need to discuss anything and before 14 weeks time they cant help. My 14 weeks of application will be in mid August but I am scared that in this current economic climate if I get an offer now then I might get my new job lost jst because that i have no legal documents to prove my work eligibility.

pls pls pls help and steer me in the right direction.

zebra3

Post by zebra3 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:13 pm

I have been waiting for my flr m form since oct 08, I am sure they are taking a very long time, you best bit is to ring the home office and explain to them as they may send you a letter to let you carry on working while they looking at your case

good luck
Zebra3

axk462
Newly Registered

Post by axk462 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:32 pm

Thanks Zebra3 ...will try your trick and hope for the best...but I dont understand how come they have taken so long on your case...On older forms (which is what should have applied in ur case) the waiting time was max of 14 weeks..wasn't it?

Hope2007

Post by Hope2007 » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:28 pm

my case is also same but i would have to apply once my wife gets ILR end of this year. I am also a wp holder and my wife is a HSMP holder.
let us know once you got your spouse visa.

Thanks

axk462
Newly Registered

Great News!!

Post by axk462 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:07 am

For all of you guys trying to know further on my case and for an idea on the waiting times on FLR(M) case :

I got my passports back today ...thank GOD ...what a stressfull journey it has been...Just for information to help you all guys, it has taken me 12weeks and 2 days from the date of my application and 9weeks 1day after my biometrics were taken to get my passports back...

Also the letter says that I should get my Biometrics card within 7days from now...

Hope this will be helpful for people like me who wanted to know the idea of timescale...but please be aware that it can differ from case to case depending on the complexity of it..

prudence
Newly Registered

Post by prudence » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:27 pm

Hi there

Does anyone have any recent cases which have been processed under FLR(M) within the 14 weeks time period?

I submitted my application at the end of June and am approaching the 14 week deadline at the end of this week. I really need my passport back for travel in November (I thought I would be ok based on the 5-14 week processing times they claimed back in June!) but of course have heard nothing.

Has anyone had any applications processed since June?

javadp
Newly Registered

Post by javadp » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:42 pm

Sent application (FLR(M)) on 04/Aug/2009. Bio's done on 04/Sep/2009. Still no news. I consider my application as a straight forward as it can get. Has anyone with staight forward application, got theirs back recently and how long did it take?

prudence
Newly Registered

Post by prudence » Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:12 pm

Hey there

Unfortunately I think you'll be waiting a while longer. I applied 25 June and got bios done on 5 August. I haven't heard anything yet. My application should also be incredibly straightforward - it was approved by an immigration agent and I had so much evidence. Very frustrating. Would be interested to hear if you get any updates soon!

javadp
Newly Registered

Post by javadp » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:21 am

Hi, thought you might be interested:
I wrote to UKBA last week (05/10) to request for expedition of my FLR(M) application. It was a complete shot in the dark on my part and didn't even expect a response. They did respond (today) and rejected my request. Main point on the letter:
- "All applications awaiting consideration are currently being handled in date received order"
- "Please be assured that we are working to reduce the volumes of outstanding applications"
- The letter was dated 10/10/2009 which is a Saturday!!!

prudence
Newly Registered

Post by prudence » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:14 am

Hey Java

I got my visa acceptance letter and passport returned to me on Monday 12th October! Huge relief - so all up, I applied around 26 June and got my bios done on 4 August. I now need to arrange delivery of my ID card via their courier service. I had also written to the Home Office to tell them of my November travel and to ask that they 'fastrack' my application, but I never got a response, just the visa! Based on my timeline, I guess you should be getting yours in a few weeks - good luck!

RegsNZ
Newly Registered

FLR M Success

Post by RegsNZ » Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:45 pm

Hi, just to give everyone hope when they are looking in these forums for waiting times....... I sent my application on the 26th September, got my biometrics done on the 6th of October and received my passport and documentation back yesterday with an approval letter dated the 20th October - so only 2 weeks.
My application was straight forward and I was changing from HSMP to FLR M.
Hope this helps relieve a bit of worry when people start reading these blogs and seeing others taking 14+ weeks (this is what I did!)
Good luck to those still waiting - I know how nerve racking it is!

javadp
Newly Registered

Got it at last

Post by javadp » Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:13 am

Recieved my docuements and the ID card today on the same day! I imagine it was due to the postal strike that they arrived on the same day. My time lines:
Applied 04/08/09
Payment taken 07/08/09
Biometrics appointment 04/09/09
Docs & ID card recived 24/10/09

So waiting times were: 7 weeks after Bios taken and 11 weeks in total

Good luck to everyone waiting

kingkajee
Newly Registered

Post by kingkajee » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:07 pm

Hi there,

hope someone can help me here.  The guys at the home office cant (The whole 14 week period).

My wife applied for the FLR(M) on the 14th Sept.  Her Bios were taken on 25th Sept. 
The problem I had was I couldn’t send MY passport (As I’m the spouse) because of a business trip I had at the end of September.  I had sent a cover letter ensuring them that I’d send the passport once I have returned.

I sent my passport on 12th October with all the info they require (as instructed on a form)…..I know, not as straight forward as some of the other posts here.

With those of you who have applied, do you think my wife’s application will be processed by Xmas? Would you say they'd consider date recieved as the day the wife applied or the day I'd sent my passport

I only ask as I've booked a honeymoon in January - regretting it now L

Thanks 

princessgracey
Newly Registered

spouse visa application

Post by princessgracey » Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:09 pm

I have submitted my application on 8th of September, biometrics taken 18th september and i am now waiting for the decision. I hope it won't take that long as it's really frustrating to wait.

kingkajee
Newly Registered

Post by kingkajee » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:41 pm

Hope yours comes through soon proncessgracey. I'd prob expect my wife's to come through soon after yours!.

Please let us know when you get yours. I'll let you know if we hear anything on ours.

Until then.....it's wait wait wait! :oops:

ginoT

Post by ginoT » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:52 pm

if you've been waiting for ages, applied within your previous visa, and still not got a reply, do the following:

1 - write to them via registered mail and ask them to confirm why the application is taking so long. Inform them you expect an answer within 14 calendar days.

2 - once the 2 weeks is up, and assuming you've either a poor response from them or no response at all, complain to them. They have a complaints procedure. Ask for a response within 14 days.

3 - assuming neither of the above have helped, get your local MP involved even if you or your partner is a British national and get him to write to the HO for an update. You should get a response with 2 weeks.

now assuming you do the above, and nothing happens positively (which I find really hard to believe), I would start court proceedings against the HO as this is stopping you from living a normal life, working etc. As soon as their lawyers get the court action, you'll have a prompt reply.

princessgracey
Newly Registered

where to call or write (UKBA)

Post by princessgracey » Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:40 pm

does anyone know where to contact Home office if i want to call or write them about the status of my application

thanks

javadp
Newly Registered

UKBA contact

Post by javadp » Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:07 am

I wrote to this address and got a reply:

UK Border Agency
Initial Consideration Unit - FLR(M)
Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road
Croydon
CR9 2BY

kingkajee
Newly Registered

Post by kingkajee » Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:36 pm

Anyone who gave their BIOS in SEPT heard anything on their Visa's recently? The wait is killing me :roll:

plucky
Newly Registered

Post by plucky » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:06 pm

Hi, Kingajee I know what you mean, I am having anxiety attacks with the waiting. I applied since August and still waiting on mine. Has anyone received theirs recently within the 14 week time??
Also I am worried, does anyone know of people getting rejected?? Mine was a very straight forward one. Looking forward to replies.

kingkajee
Newly Registered

Post by kingkajee » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:37 pm

Our best bet is to read the history on this forum for a guide to waiting times.

I've called them by phone a few times now hoping I might gat an advisor that may be informant - but get the same reply. They state that no updates can be given until 14 weeks after BIOS were taken.

Looks like it'll be a nervous build up to xmas. :oops:

plucky
Newly Registered

Great News!!

Post by plucky » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:07 pm

Great News!! I got my visa acceptance letter today, whew almost died with all the anxiety attacks :D
Took exactly thirteen weeks and one day from the date of bios taken... good luck to all waiting.. Hey kanjagee, fingers crossed u should get yours soon. Xmas present maybe :)

zebra3

Post by zebra3 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:01 pm

great news, congrat

kingkajee
Newly Registered

Post by kingkajee » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:23 pm

Ah great news plucky. Thank you for sharing the news with us. Help us gauge leadtimes. Ok hopefully my wife should get hers before Xmas. Could this be the 2nd best Xmas present ever?!! The first was my i phone hehe :D

doddy
Newly Registered

Post by doddy » Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:00 pm

I was told a 6 month wait. My wife applied in June. Got rejected in November. AIT appeal in January. I'm British. Our daughter is British. Go figure. UK immigration is nuts. Article 8, all the way.... This is all 2009, apart from the hearing which is in 2010, obviously.