ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR O refused, JR lodged, UKBA offered reconsideration

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

warona
Newly Registered

FLR O refused, JR lodged, UKBA offered reconsideration

Post by warona » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:01 pm

Hello, Im new, I had an FLR O application refused, it was based on marriage to British national, my solicitor sent request for reconsideration, no response from UKBA, we sent PAP for Judicial Review and UKBA did not respond therefore we filed for Judicial Review. I then recieved an invitation from Tresury Solicitor asking me to withdraw my Judicial Review Claim and they offered to reconsider within 3 months but not pay costs. I have already paid for judicial review. My solicitor says I should agree they reconsider and ask for an appeal if they refuse it again but he is on holiday now. Can anyone advise what happens next anyone with a letter responding to Treasury solicitor about a similar situation?

east579new

Re: FLR O refused, JR lodged, UKBA offered reconsideration

Post by east579new » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:17 pm

warona wrote:Hello, Im new, I had an FLR O application refused, it was based on marriage to British national, my solicitor sent request for reconsideration, no response from UKBA, we sent PAP for Judicial Review and UKBA did not respond therefore we filed for Judicial Review. I then recieved an invitation from Tresury Solicitor asking me to withdraw my Judicial Review Claim and they offered to reconsider within 3 months but not pay costs. I have already paid for judicial review. My solicitor says I should agree they reconsider and ask for an appeal if they refuse it again but he is on holiday now. Can anyone advise what happens next anyone with a letter responding to Treasury solicitor about a similar situation?
This is just MY OPINION and NOT advise but from what you said they are scared of your case, they will probably try to trick you, giving you false hope of a favourable outcome then refuse you again i think in MY OPINION they do things like this and hope you eventually run out of finances then they have won you can no longer defend yourself and there is no longer legal aid.

IN MY OPINION you have come this far and paid alot of money now ATTACK them its the best form of defence besides in three months they will have probably drawn up some new law or bill so ATTACK now.

Im sure someone else will be along with more experienced point of view.