ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR Spouse visa Application - Accommodation

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

james252
Newly Registered

FLR Spouse visa Application - Accommodation

Post by james252 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:17 pm

Dear Sir/Madam,

Could someone let me know what accommadation documents are needed for a FLR application as I am confused what is sufficient?

I am renting and have a tenancy agreement (only in my name not my wife (applicant) )

Should I get a letter from the landlord and a Property inspection report or is this not necessary?

I have many letters which are addressed to both of us separately and jointly (gas bill, council tax, etc)

Many thanks in advance
J

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR Spouse visa Application - Accommodation

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:20 pm

Tenancy agreement in your name is fine.

No letter needed provided you rent the whole property exclusively, i.e. not a room in a houseshare.

You need to provide proof of cohabitation for 2 years with 6 documents in joint names or 12 documents addresses individually, spread evenly across the 2 year period.

Page 62 or 63 of the FLR(M) gives examples of what HO expect to see.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

james252
Newly Registered

Post by james252 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 5:49 pm

Thank you CR001,

Thats good that the tenancy agreement in only my name, the landlord is being arkward. Good I dont need letter as well.

My wife is pregnant during the FLR application does this affect anything such as income threshold or visa fees??

Thank you my friend

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:03 pm

james252 wrote:Thank you CR001,

Thats good that the tenancy agreement in only my name, the landlord is being arkward. Good I dont need letter as well. What do you mean 'awkward'? Did he give permission to you for her to live there?

My wife is pregnant during the FLR application does this affect anything such as income threshold or visa fees?? No and No.

Thank you my friend
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

james252
Newly Registered

Post by james252 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:21 pm

Thanks,

Yes we have permission to be there.

She is not really up for putting my wife on the tenancy agreement for some reason I dont know why.

Great that I can be the only one on the tenancy agreement.

Best wishes

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:45 pm

james252 wrote:She is not really up for putting my wife on the tenancy agreement for some reason I dont know why.
There is no legal requirement for this to happen so don't stress about it although landlord could have done an 'addendum' listing her as a Permitted Occupier. Not so easy to amend or change a tenancy agreement mid tenancy, so this could be the reason why (hope deposit protected and all legally required paperwork issued to you).

I would suggest that if you renew your tenancy agreement once it expires, ask for spouse name to be added, even if only as a 'Permitted Occupier'.
Char (CR001 not Casa)