ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help on FLR Family Routes

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

erunkulu2

Help on FLR Family Routes

Post by erunkulu2 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:40 pm

I'm a bit confused on what form to fill for family routes. I have a son who is a British Citizen, and my husband has a settled status in the UK. We are both married and live together.

The problem here is that i have overstayed my visa as a student, and i have lost my status. Which of the routes applies to me as an overstayer. Any information will be helpful. Thanks

Casa

Re: Help on FLR Family Routes

Post by Casa » Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:47 pm

As an overstayer the only application which may succeed is FLR(FP) Partner route, which will take 10 years before you qualify for settlement.

However even with a British child, there's no guarantee of success.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:48 pm

When did your student visa expire?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:51 pm

This story is completely different from that given in your previous thread where you say you have acquired PR. :?: :!:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... l#p1416754
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

erunkulu2

Post by erunkulu2 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:50 pm

Casa wrote:This story is completely different from that given in your previous thread where you say you have acquired PR. :?: :!:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... l#p1416754

It was my husband who put up the other thread for our son and daughter application. Am his wife and I am using his account to put my case forward.

erunkulu2

Post by erunkulu2 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:51 pm

CR001 wrote:When did your student visa expire?

It expired this year July, so i have overstayed for 4 months. My baby is now six months old.

erunkulu2

Post by erunkulu2 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:07 am

Sorry for the confusion guys, my wife has overstayed for four months now and we want to make an application on family routes. We just wondering which of the forms can she use to make her application. Any information will be helpful. Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:03 am

Why didn't she apply before her visa expired? She has really made it very difficult for herself now.

FLR(FP) partner route might be successful. It will be a 10 year route to ILR (4 x 2.5 year visas).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:28 am

Do you and your wife share a nationality :?:

In order for a FLR(FP) partner route application to succeed, your wife will have to show compelling reasons why your family can't live together outside of the UK.

A British child doesn't give an automatic right to reside in the UK.
(Casa, not CR001)

erunkulu2

Post by erunkulu2 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:00 am

CR001 wrote:Why didn't she apply before her visa expired? She has really made it very difficult for herself now.

FLR(FP) partner route might be successful. It will be a 10 year route to ILR (4 x 2.5 year visas).

I couldn't apply then because we were waiting for my husband PR card to come through and it was unfortunate it came very late.

erunkulu2

Post by erunkulu2 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:01 am

Casa wrote:Do you and your wife share a nationality :?:

In order for a FLR(FP) partner route application to succeed, your wife will have to show compelling reasons why your family can't live together outside of the UK.

A British child doesn't give an automatic right to reside in the UK.

Yes I do Understand that, we are going to try put something forward and see if its going to be successful.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:11 am

erunkulu2 wrote:
CR001 wrote:Why didn't she apply before her visa expired? She has really made it very difficult for herself now.

I couldn't apply then because we were waiting for my husband PR card to come through and it was unfortunate it came very late.
By PR, do you mean ILR?

What route did your partner take to PR/ILR?

What date did partner apply for PR/ILR and what date was this granted?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:11 am

Hold on! If your husband has PR, why aren't you applying for a RC as a family member of an EEA national?

Edit: Beaten by CR001 :roll:
(Casa, not CR001)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:19 am

Casa wrote:Hold on! If your husband has PR, why aren't you applying for a RC as a family member of an EEA national?

Seems PR, see link below of the convoluted story. :?

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 14624.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)

erunkulu2

Post by erunkulu2 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:04 pm

Casa wrote:Hold on! If your husband has PR, why aren't you applying for a RC as a family member of an EEA national?

Casa, I just got my PR few months as a family member. Do you think it's possible to apply with this for my wife???

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:15 pm

Totally confused with who is who and has what here now.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:19 pm

Wanderer wrote:Totally confused with who is who and has what here now.
Probably due to the fact that husband and wife are alternately posting from the same account. :?
(Casa, not CR001)

erunkulu2

Post by erunkulu2 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:23 pm

Wanderer, sorry for confusing you guys. I am the husband and got my PR few months ago. The problem was that before my PR arrived, my wife has lost her status as a student. We thought the only options we've got now is to go through family routes visa.

Casa and CR001 suggested that we should apply for Partners routes which I think it's complicated for us as we haven't co-habit up to two years as part of HO requirements.

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:25 pm

erunkulu2 wrote:
Wanderer, sorry for confusing you guys. I am the husband and got my PR few months ago. The problem was that before my PR arrived, my wife has lost her status as a student. We thought the only options we've got now is to go through family routes visa.

Casa and CR001 suggested that we should apply for Partners routes which I think it's complicated for us as we haven't co-habit up to two years as part of HO requirements. You're confusing this with the requirements for an Unmarried Partner visa.
(Casa, not CR001)

erunkulu2

Post by erunkulu2 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:26 pm

Casa wrote:
Probably due to the fact that husband and wife are alternately posting from the same account. :?
Yes I have asked her to stop posting so that she doesn't confuse everyone.

erunkulu2

Post by erunkulu2 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:29 pm

Ok Casa, what is the way forward to this as am a confusuionist at the moment.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:32 pm

What is your nationality? (I can't bear the thought of trying to read through the other long thread to decipher everything)
Char (CR001 not Casa)

erunkulu2

Post by erunkulu2 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:42 pm

CR001 wrote:
erunkulu2 wrote:

By PR, do you mean ILR?

What route did your partner take to PR/ILR?

What date did partner apply for PR/ILR and what date was this granted?
I am the husband CR001,

I was married to an EEA national and got my PR after divorced. I got my PR August 2016.

erunkulu2

Post by erunkulu2 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:43 pm

CR001 wrote:What is your nationality? (I can't bear the thought of trying to read through the other long thread to decipher everything)
Nigerian

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:46 pm

FLR(FP) partner route is probably the only route as she has no valid leave. How long have you been married?

FLR(M) will likely fail as she is an overstayer.
Char (CR001 not Casa)