ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

High Court judgment on minimum income threshold for family

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

faislondon
BANNED

High Court judgment on minimum income threshold for family

Post by faislondon » Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:38 pm

Hi All,

Does anyone knows until when High Court will decide on this. I guess they have been debating to reduce the threshold to £13000?.
Nothing is permanent whatever you have enjoy it :-)

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:39 pm

Unless you're British, but for asylum, this case as it stands wouldn't benefit you.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

faislondon
BANNED

Post by faislondon » Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:10 pm

My solicitor advised me that this rule if passed will be applicable to British, Assylum and settle person here in UK.
Nothing is permanent whatever you have enjoy it :-)

Shoonoo

Post by Shoonoo » Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:20 pm

Has the rule changed or not for spouse visa?
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:54 pm

Shoonoo wrote:Has the rule changed or not for spouse visa?
Thanks
No, it has not been changed and if it does, no one knows when it will be. So current spouse visa rules are applicable.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:39 pm

faislondon wrote:My solicitor advised me that this rule if passed will be applicable to British, Assylum and settle person here in UK.
Mr Justice Blake suggestion as to the logical financial requirement, and who it should apply to seem to be at variance with that of your solicitor.

I accept that Mr Justice Blake has no legislative or executive, and hence cannot make rules.

If however the government looses their appeal, and they then have to implement his views, it would appear it will affect, mostly recognised refugees and British Citizen.

He explicitly stated who a more lenient financial requirement should be applied to, and this does not include settled person or Asylum seekers.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

deleted_user

Post by deleted_user » Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:31 pm

Home office have appealed against the judgement. Clearly they are not in any mood to give up easily in this matter.

http://www.migrantsrights.org.uk/news/2 ... come-thres