ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to Transfer visa and new passport

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

chacha
Newly Registered

How to Transfer visa and new passport

Post by chacha » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:01 am

My Mrs has changed her last name to my name, I got her new passport sorted please advise how can she transfer her visa on new passport with new name.

Thanks

SoHopeful

Re: How to Transfer visa and new passport

Post by SoHopeful » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:17 am

Assuming you are in the UK... you would need to apply for a biometric resident permit OR she can carry both passports with her when travelling.

https://www.gov.uk/transfer-visa

chacha
Newly Registered

Post by chacha » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:19 pm

SoHopeful wrote:Assuming you are in the UK... you would need to apply for a biometric resident permit OR she can carry both passports with her when travelling.

https://www.gov.uk/transfer-visa

Yes she is in the UK, yes I know this she will need biometric but need to know how can she change her name? Do I have to send her passport and a deed poll for declaring a new name.

Please advice what documents are needed.

Cheers

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Sun Aug 17, 2014 5:25 pm

Married women just need their marriage certificate as proof of name change.
I would imagine you would need to send both passports as well. You can always do a PEO appointment to avoid waiting for the passports to be returned.