ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR dependant Spouse visa renewal

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

BKK006
Newly Registered

ILR dependant Spouse visa renewal

Post by BKK006 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:16 pm

Hi all,

Please can you help with a question on visa renewal for my wife later this year based on the situation I have provided below. Your help is much appreciated. Thanks much in advance.

I was on an ILR visa when we got married in 2014 and my wife got an ILR dependant visa in early 2015. I got naturalised and got my British citizenship in March 2016. Now my wife's visa is expiring in Nov 2017. My questions are as below if you can help please:

1. What type of visa will my wife need to apply on or before Nov 2017 and what are the timelines required for the same ?
2. Will the ILR dependant visa renewal be the right way to go ahead and if yes, what forms need to be applied for and when earliest these need to be done ?

Thanks,
bkk006

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR dependant Spouse visa renewal

Post by CR001 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:22 pm

1. An extension on the same route she is on now, spouse visa (ILR dependent)

2. There is only one visa extension she can apply for, spouse visa (ILR dependent). She applies shortly before her current visa expires on form FLR(M). You don't say if she applied for her current visa in the UK or from abroad. If she applied from abroad, when did she enter the UK??

She will also need English A2 test and you need to meet the financial requirement. You also have to provide evidence of 2 years cohabitation.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:26 pm

Your wife is on a 5 year route (2.5 x 2.5 year) Spouse Settlement visa.

1. She will have to apply for a 2.5 year FLR(M) extension

2. You are required to meet the same minimum income level of £18,600 p.a. (as with the entry visa). This can be from joint earnings.

3. From May 1st your wife will need A2 level English from an UKVI approved test provider.

4. What date did your wife enter the UK and what is the expiry date of her current visa :?:

Read through the links below for information on the required documents.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 2-2016.pdf

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... -12-16.pdf

Edit: Beaten by Miss Speedy Fingers CR001
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

BKK006
Newly Registered

Post by BKK006 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:29 am

Thank you casa and cr001 for your replies.

My wife applied for ILR dependent visa outside of UK and entered UK in feb 2015. Her visa expiry date is Nov 2017.

I will read through the guidance notes for FLR M and relating documents - thank you. Just a couple of quick questions though.

1. Can my wife apply for extension from within the UK? She is here now since feb 2015.
2. A bit surprised with the A2 test. When she applied originally for the ILR dependent visa we presented her 'degree taught in English' from an affiliated university as proof of language. Does she still need to take the test irrespective?

Please kindly advise.

Many thanks for your help on this.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:09 am

1. Can my wife apply for extension from within the UK? She is here now since feb 2015.
Yes, FLR(M) is an application that can only be made within the UK.
2. A bit surprised with the A2 test. When she applied originally for the ILR dependent visa we presented her 'degree taught in English' from an affiliated university as proof of language. Does she still need to take the test irrespective?
If she is using a degree that is not a UK degree, then she will require a UK NARIC ELA. Costs the same as the English test. http://www.naric.org.uk/visas%20and%20nationality/
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

BKK006
Newly Registered

Post by BKK006 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:44 pm

HI CR001, Casa,

Thank you for your responses earlier, they were really helpful. One clarification I had was on the NARIC service. Should I use the English Language Assessment service or Visas & Nationality service from NARIC? I am a bit confused as NARIC says we need to use V&N for any immigration related work.

Can you please help ? Thank you in advance .

Thanks,
Bharath

BKK006
Newly Registered

Post by BKK006 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:34 am

Hello,

I greatly appreciate the help offered and advised so far. Can someone please please help to confirm the below?

One clarification I had was on the NARIC service. Should I use the English Language Assessment service or Visas & Nationality service from NARIC? I am a bit confused as NARIC says we need to use V&N for any immigration related work.

Can you please help ? Thank you in advance .

Casa

Post by Casa » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:59 am

Your wife requires the NARIC RED route ELA
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

BKK006
Newly Registered

Post by BKK006 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:44 pm

Thanks Casa! :)

Can you or someone please advise if there is a same day decision appointment available ? I am waiting for the NARIC certificates and preparing the other documents for now. Just checking how much time we will have to wait for the visa process. We have travel plans end of Oct and worried that if visa is not done by then we may have to cancel our plans. Please advise.

Thankfully submitted,
BK