ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR holder wanting to bring non-EU partner

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

cool mind

ILR holder wanting to bring non-EU partner

Post by cool mind » Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:04 pm

Hi all,
What are the requirements English language but more especially about maintenance funds to bring non-EU partner into UK. I have tried my best to try to understand the lengthy guideline but cannot fully understand the terms salaried non salaried, category A, category B. But I have few questions:
1. Does it better to keep continue to work with same employer before applying spouse visa for partner or it does not matter?
2. What is the difference between the calculations if working for current employer for less than 6 months when applying spouse visa?
3. How usually the job income is calculated if less than 6 months employment with current employer but previously has worked for other employer?

ronaldo567
Newly Registered

Re: ILR holder wanting to bring non-EU partner

Post by ronaldo567 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:01 pm

Dude, it is all explained in the flr(m) form. She needs to pass the accredited exam I.e. TOEFL.from a financial perspective, the only requirement is that you need to be earning 18.6k pa cross salary, unless you are bringing more dependants, like children.if you are an employee you are category A because you receive a salary, if you are self employed you are category B.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:20 pm

The English test must be from one of the approved test providers on this list (click) and must be at level A1. Any other test and there are many advertising online, will not be accepted.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

cool mind

Post by cool mind » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:02 pm

But if I change job and start new job then how will £18600 funds will be calculated? Will they take into account the income from previous employment along with present employment?? Does starting new job harmful for £18600 funds calculations or previous job income will be carried forward??

ronaldo567
Newly Registered

Post by ronaldo567 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:55 pm

I went thru that. I changed job 3 times in a year and had to show proof of my salary from 3 different companies. If you cant show proof of 6 months employed salary from the same company prior your application, then you have to show proof of 12 months. You can change jobs now, but you will have to show proof of the payslips from your new job + your previous jobs covering 12 months in total. They will see how much you are making a month and will have a rough idea of how much you make p.a. from experience I would recommend asking a letter from your previous job confirming your annual salary, and then you ask the same letter from your current job confirming your new salary, that's it. As long as both jobs were playing 18.6k pa+ then you safe

cool mind

Post by cool mind » Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:04 pm

Thanks for reply. But how about if the salary in previous job was changeable depending on availability of work and same pattern in current company then how will they calculate??

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:11 pm

HO will use the lowest salary figure (say for month July) and calculate your earnings. Are you hourly paid?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

cool mind

Post by cool mind » Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:27 pm

Yes hourly paid but variable salary each month depending on work availability. And does that situation called as non-salaried' term'

ronaldo567
Newly Registered

Post by ronaldo567 » Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:49 pm

If you are paid monthly irrespective of the hours worked, then the officer will easily calculate how much you made in a year, that will be your gross salary. Dont you have monthly payslips

cool mind

Post by cool mind » Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:52 am

Electronic payslips. What usually documents need to attach? Can original bank statements demonstrate the salaries be used?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:40 am

You will need to print all the payslips to match what you receive in your bank statement.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

cool mind

Post by cool mind » Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:55 am

Thanks for reply. Yes it will match between electric payslips and bank statements credit from that previous employer. But still can ukba caseworker ask any original letter/original payslips on leadhead from previous employer as because the previous employer will not help for such. Will the original bank statements along with electric payslips and old p60 will be fine.

cool mind

Post by cool mind » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:21 am

Moreover, whether the holidays income for a particular month/months counts or ignored when they calculate maintenance? And does the tax code or personal expenses affect the calculations?

cool mind

Post by cool mind » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:41 am

If an ILR holder after submitting its naturalization application travel abroad for few days for being married then is he allowed? Can his own naturalization application and spouse visa applications for his partner can run simultaneously one is inside UK and other is outside UK?

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:55 am

Yes.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

cool mind

Post by cool mind » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:58 pm

Thanks for reply. But just for information that is there any court case going against ukba £18600 and health charge £600 where if someone not earning such income. What human rights say that why the families are separating due to such hurdle??

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:29 pm

cool mind wrote:Thanks for reply. But just for information that is there any court case going against ukba £18600 and health charge £600 where if someone not earning such income. What human rights say that why the families are separating due to such hurdle??
Plenty of campaign activity, for eg:
http://www.migrantsrights.org.uk/blog/2 ... ess-change
... early hopes that the rules would be quickly overturned by a successful legal challenge on human rights grounds have been disappointed. The case of ‘MM’ versus Secretary of State for the Home Department will be coming up for consideration by the Supreme Court only in February next year.
- but currently the rules are the rules.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.