ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR LR APPLYING FOR DEPENDANTS, UK BORN CHILD QUERY

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mhamk2000

ILR LR APPLYING FOR DEPENDANTS, UK BORN CHILD QUERY

Post by mhamk2000 » Tue May 06, 2014 1:07 pm

Hi there,
i have 3 dependants (wife and 2 kids). I have to apply for flr(m) first. My elder son born in home country and my younger son
born in uk. In FLR(M) application form should i mention applicant with 1 dependant or 2 dependants, because i have to apply for nationalisation for my younger son. what is the procedure to apply nationalisation for my younger son ?. Would Home office issue
5 year spouse visa OR the route is 2 year spouse visa first and then again after 2 year i have to apply for 3 year visa?. How much
earnings i have to show for my family in flr(m) forms, very confuse, need to show £22400 or £24800 ?. i m registered as self
employed, which documents i need to show them for last year?.

I need professional help from amber or some body else.

many thanks

Amber
Mood:

Re: ILR LR APPLYING FOR DEPENDANTS, UK BORN CHILD QUERY

Post by Amber » Tue May 06, 2014 1:15 pm

1 child in addition to the partner – £22,400.

2 children in addition to the partner – £24,800.

The financial requirement does not apply to a child who:

Is a British citizen (including an adopted child who acquires British citizenship);

Is an EEA national (except where a non-EEA spouse or partner is being accompanied or joined by the EEA child of a former relationship who does not have a right to be admitted to the UK under the Immigration (EEA) Regulations 2006);

 Is settled in the UK or who qualifies for indefinite leave to enter; or

 Qualifies otherwise under Part 8 or Appendix Armed Forces of the Immigration Rules in a category to which the financial requirement does not apply.

Therefore, it depends if the child born in the UK is registered as British before you apply for FLR(M) as to what Financial Requirement applies.

See also, Annex FM 1.7 (click).
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

mhamk2000

Post by mhamk2000 » Wed May 07, 2014 8:54 am

thanks for your reply.

I have applied for ILR(LR) and waiting for my passport back but my family visas are running out in june. I have to attach my acknowledgement letter with their applications.

- Its mean i need to apply FLR(M) only for 1 child with partner and earnings should be £22400.
- what is the procedure to apply nationalisation for my younger son ?.
-Would Home office issue 5 year spouse visa OR the route is 2 year spouse visa first and then again after 2 year i have to apply for 3 year visa?
- i m registered as self employed and need to send tax return by october2014, which documents i need to show Home Office for last year?.

thanks

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Wed May 07, 2014 11:37 am

Click on the link in my last post to see what specified evidence is required under Cat F or G.

The British born child may be registered as British on form MN1 once you have been granted ILR.

Until the child is British the two child Financial Requirement must be met.

Your spouse and child born abroad will be on a 5 year route to settlement, 2 x 2.5 years FLR(M) then SET(M). A1 English required for your spouse.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

mhamk2000

Post by mhamk2000 » Thu May 08, 2014 11:45 am

thanks for ur reply.

i heard that if your child is under 16 years and you have ILR then you can apply MN1 directly mean nationalisation, it doesn't matter he born in uk or abroad, is it true ?

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu May 08, 2014 1:07 pm

Yes.
The British born child may be registered as British on form MN1 once you have been granted ILR.

mhamk2000

Post by mhamk2000 » Thu May 08, 2014 1:15 pm

and if child born in abroad then ??

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu May 08, 2014 1:17 pm

Has to wait until one parent is British the other is settled and the child is settled.

jafferdeen
Member of Standing

Post by jafferdeen » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:19 pm

Dear Amber
the guideline say 2.2 of Financial requirement that
2.2 However,where the application includes sponsorship of a child at the same time (or at anytime before the applicant reaches settlement), the minimum income threshold increases and there is a higher financial requirement to be met.

2.3 The level of the financial requirement to be met in cases involving dependent children varies and
is determined by the number of children who already have leave , or are applying for leave , at the date of application.

2.4 An additional gross annual income of £3,800 is required for the first child sponsored in addition to the Partner
and an additional £2,400 for each further child

Does it mean if we don't include the children in the application then we just need to show 18,600 GBP for partner only?
J Khan

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:39 am

Sponsorship of a child I would think would be where the applicant/sponsor is financially responsible for a dep child. However, there may be a circumvent where the child does not have/has never had leave to enter/remain.