ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR refused for being over 18

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jehusalem
Newly Registered

ILR refused for being over 18

Post by jehusalem » Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:21 pm

Hi everyone.

I applied for ILR about 2 years ago and was refused for being over 18 and because my father was not in the UK so they said that i still had afmily in my own country to support me.

My mum and borthers live here they all hold ILR, my brothers go it beacuse they entered the UK when they were under 18.

Anyway, my mum and dad were separated when i applied and now they are back together so my dad is coming to the UK in a few months which means that i wont have anyone left in my country to support me.

I wonder, can i apply again? can somebody tell me wether i have a chance to get ILR?

Thank you.

avjones
Diamond Member

Post by avjones » Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:56 pm

Unlikely, I'm afraid, if you are over 18. What country are you from? What are your circumstances?
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

sakura
Diamond Member

Re: ILR refused for being over 18

Post by sakura » Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:37 pm

jehusalem wrote:Hi everyone.

I applied for ILR about 2 years ago and was refused for being over 18 and because my father was not in the UK so they said that i still had afmily in my own country to support me.

My mum and borthers live here they all hold ILR, my brothers go it beacuse they entered the UK when they were under 18.

Anyway, my mum and dad were separated when i applied and now they are back together so my dad is coming to the UK in a few months which means that i wont have anyone left in my country to support me.

I wonder, can i apply again? can somebody tell me wether i have a chance to get ILR?

Thank you.
You applied two years ago - what visa category have you been on since then? And can you give a timeline of your immigration history?

jehusalem
Newly Registered

Post by jehusalem » Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:34 pm

avjones wrote:Unlikely, I'm afraid, if you are over 18. What country are you from? What are your circumstances?

I'm from El Salvador, Central America. Im only visiting my family now im on a tourist visa.

jehusalem
Newly Registered

Re: ILR refused for being over 18

Post by jehusalem » Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:42 pm

sakura wrote:
jehusalem wrote:Hi everyone.

Thank you.
You applied two years ago - what visa category have you been on since then? And can you give a timeline of your immigration history?

I was on a student visa when i applied and held a student visa for over 2 years then i left the UK cuz i had to do a degree course and it was too expensive i was doing a general english course. I applied twice for ILR the second time we stated that my father was not able to support me but the Home Office still refused, back then my mum and dad were separated.

Now my mum is bringing my dad over here, they've been married for 20 years.

I am now just visiting here. I am from El Salvador, Central America and we do not need a visa to come to the UK we get a 6 months tourist visa when we arrive so i come to visit my family when i can.