ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR requirements

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Jeri
Newly Registered

ILR requirements

Post by Jeri » Sun Sep 19, 2004 9:04 am

Hello!

I'v read in the ILR application form that spouse needs to submit docs to prove the relationship does exists.It says submit 4-5 items from the list e.g.phone bill, gas bill, tenanc agreement etc...my question is that how many bills should i submit per item? like are we going to give our monthly bills for the phone and gas for 1yr worth? or just one month bill is enough for the five items?

Thank you!

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Tue Sep 21, 2004 3:51 pm

You need to provide documents covering a relatively long period...if you have been living together then provide dociuments covering a year and preferably two
Where there is a will there is a way.

Jeri
Newly Registered

Post by Jeri » Sat Sep 25, 2004 1:23 pm

Thanks!

If we are living with my inlaws thus no mortgage docs & utility bills to show...will any post be sufficient? eg cards, postcards, mails from banks, credit card companies...

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Sun Sep 26, 2004 1:33 pm

Documentation must be from designated list so bank/ credit card statements o.k. but postcards unlikely to even get a look. I presume you are registered with a GP and hence have NHS medical cards. Also best to request your inlaws to include you in their bills - some organisations e.g. for council tax allow multiple names for liability.

johnbarr
Newly Registered

wife's application for ILR-visa/arrival in UK gap-update

Post by johnbarr » Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:37 pm

:D Just thought I'd let you know that my wife's ILR visa application was approved. Your advice was spot on....I submitted a postal application at the very last minute and as it took them a while to pass it to a case manager the short time gap between my wife's spouse visa and actual arrival in the UK was not an issue.

I supplied them with a letter of comfort from her former employer and more than enough supporting documentation (bills in both our names, financial details, accommodation details and so on) and the passports were returned a week ago with the ILR stamp in my wife's passport.

Now we can make plans for our future here in the UK! Thanks again for the advice guys

John & Cora

John

Post by John » Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:02 pm

Congratulations, John & Cora, glad it all worked out so well.

Cora now intends to progress on to naturalisation ... in a year's time?

(PS ... I have deleted your duplicate posting.)
John