ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Incorrect visa refusal

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Ashu1
Newly Registered

Incorrect visa refusal

Post by Ashu1 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:05 pm

Hi Team! My Settlement Visa was recently refused because of insufficient documentation.

I was in the UK for 2 yrs on a Settlement Visa previously and my visa expired when I was in India and circumstances did not let me extend it.

My Visa was refused twice , second time we filed we made sure we gave all docs. 2nd time for our ill luck, Visa authorities got confused with the docs (its very unlikely I heard, but this happened in my case) and have given an incorrect refusal with a right to appeal
I want to know -

1.How much time does an appeal and fresh application process take? I need the quickest way to get visa.
2. Can we apply through Settlement Priority Service and what is the approx time for processing this application as it was refuses previously.
3. My husband is a British citizen and has his own company. The company s registered address is same as our residential address. He is a consultant who works at the client location whose project he is handling and not from the registered address. Visa was denied saying co address proof was not submitted, though we submitted our house rental agreement and explained the situation. Please let me know what to do in this case. TY

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Incorrect visa refusal

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:21 pm

What was the exact wording of the refusal, taking out any personal information? For self employed sponsor, the documents MUST be 200% correct.
1.How much time does an appeal and fresh application process take? I need the quickest way to get visa.
An appeal can take many months, often over a year. Fresh application is quicker.
2. Can we apply through Settlement Priority Service and what is the approx time for processing this application as it was refuses previously.
Yes but no guarantee that your application will be decided quickly, especially with two refusals already.
3. My husband is a British citizen and has his own company. The company s registered address is same as our residential address. He is a consultant who works at the client location whose project he is handling and not from the registered address. Visa was denied saying co address proof was not submitted, though we submitted our house rental agreement and explained the situation.
A tenancy agreement is not proof of a business address (does your tenancy agreement not state for residential purposes only (no business activity) as most do)? If hubby is self employed and has a business, surely he has company registration documents to prove this and the registered address?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ashu1
Newly Registered

Post by Ashu1 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:35 pm

Thank you for the reply. I'm sorry I left out some basic info. We have provided co registration doc as well as tenancy agreement. They refused saying we have not provided evidence of proof of ownership or lease of business premises. Doesn't rental agreement suffice in this case?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:40 pm

Ashu1 wrote:Thank you for the reply. I'm sorry I left out some basic info. We have provided co registration doc as well as tenancy agreement. They refused saying we have not provided evidence of proof of ownership or lease of business premises. Doesn't rental agreement suffice in this case?
Does the landlord give permission to use the property as a business address? Most don't because of the complications it leads to. When I was living in rented accommodation I used my accountants address as the registered address.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:45 pm

Ashu1 wrote:Thank you for the reply. I'm sorry I left out some basic info. We have provided co registration doc as well as tenancy agreement. They refused saying we have not provided evidence of proof of ownership or lease of business premises. Doesn't rental agreement suffice in this case?
A residential tenancy agreement is not proof of business premises. Did you submit a letter from your landlord stating husband has permission to run a business from a residential property? If the residential property does not have 'business rights' etc, then it is likely not suitable.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.