ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is a 'temp' contract OK for UK spouse visa?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

barrygleed
Newly Registered

Is a 'temp' contract OK for UK spouse visa?

Post by barrygleed » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:02 pm

Hi!

I've been employed since January 5th 2015, my gross salary started at £25,200 then raised to £25,800. We have just applied for my wife from USA to come over on the settlement/spouse visa. I have 7 months pay slips, 7 months of bank statements showing pay going in, employment letter, etc. but my contract ends August 31 2015. I meet the income threshold, and for the time consideration, and am employed at time of application.

But I'm very worried that because my contract ends August 31 there will be issues with the approval.

I regularly get job offers from agencies specializing in my work, Social Housing, and I can print these as proof I have good 'employ-ability' prospects. I will be applying for jobs come August time with a view to securing employment as close to leaving my current work as possible.

Thanks for any advice. And mostly, reassurance!!

SoHopeful

Re: Is a 'temp' contract OK for UK spouse visa?

Post by SoHopeful » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:36 am

Temp or fixed term contracts are acceptable, however given the fact that your contract will be coming to end in a matter or weeks I would suggest you get your agency/consultant to confirm that they will be able to find other positions for you when your current role comes to an end.

barrygleed
Newly Registered

Post by barrygleed » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:46 pm

Hi

Thanks for your reply! I don't currently work through an agency, but I am registered with a few. In the last few weeks I have received 4 emails which were basically offers of employent. I'm gonna print them and just include them with our paperwork, and in the sponsorship letter explain that I am frequently contacted regarding jobs with a salary in excess of £26,000 per year or the equivalent hourly rate.

Thanks

DanChak

Post by DanChak » Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:21 pm

I would suggest you get a 'letter of engagement' from your current employer stating something like, you are currently working for them since xx for a salary of xx. I am sure most employers will be happy to provide you with such a letter once you explain the reason. That way you can avoid mentioning the end-date of your contract for your spouse's application.

barrygleed
Newly Registered

Post by barrygleed » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:01 pm

Yeah the employment letter, I got that, it does mention the end date for the fixed term contract though. I can find nothing that says the application could be refused due to this. I'm employed at time of application, have been for at least 6 months, and earning over the gross income. I'm just so worried my wife and me are gonna be apart even longer. We've been punished enough. IMO.

Wolfe
Newly Registered

Post by Wolfe » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:42 pm

I would like to know if you succeeded and got your wife's visa ...did you run into any problems with the application

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:57 pm

Wolfe wrote:I would like to know if you succeeded and got your wife's visa ...did you run into any problems with the application
Member barrygleed only posted 3 times on the forum and hasn't visited since July 2015
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.