ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Knowing what questions will be asked prior to an interview!?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ZD

Knowing what questions will be asked prior to an interview!?

Post by ZD » Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:52 am

Hi all, as many of you know my wife has an interview for her spouse visa application tomorrow however it seems one of my cousins in Pakistan who has a friend at the BHC at Karachi has revealed why my wife will be called for interview and the precise points of concern! This to me sounds suspicious. I have been informed that the two points my wife will be questioned on [according to this anonymous contact] are thus:

Why did my wife change her name after 4 years of marriage? – [As far as I understand there is no requirement to change her name however when she gave birth to our child in Karachi last year she had to change her name for the purpose of registering our child [B-form]

Why didn’t she apply for a medical visa – [My wife was refused entry in 2006 because she was entering the UK on a visiting visa but was pregnant thus her circumstances changed and was asked to apply for a medical visa from Pakistan but since my wife was at her later stages of her pregnancy she saw it fit to give birth in Pakistan]

The crux of the problem was that although I was married to my wife in 2002 [Islamic marriage] I was waiting for my decree absolute before applying for her spouse visa. I am some what mystified. I find it difficult to accept the notion that outsiders can be provided with such information prior to the interview. I am inclined to think that this is a hoax. Does anyone else agree? Also, should the above explanation create any problems? My understanding [gathered from this forum] is that applications are viewed from a UK law perspective?

Any help is appreciated as tomorrow is D-day. Many thanks!