ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

letter to say house is big - spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

toogrown4dat

letter to say house is big - spouse visa

Post by toogrown4dat » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:57 pm

do i need a letter from the council to say that the house i am living in has adequate space for myself and husband?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:20 pm

No. You need to show that the accommodations are available, suitable and not overcrowded, but there are many and various ways of doing this. If the accommodations are a HMO (House of Multiple occupancy where not all the occupants are members of the one individual family), it might be useful to provide what you are suggesting, but it's not a mandatory requirement.

toogrown4dat

Post by toogrown4dat » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:28 pm

What are the other ways of doing it?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:30 pm

If you say the type of property you are living in I can elaborate.

toogrown4dat

Post by toogrown4dat » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:34 pm

yeah sorry that would help lol ..... weel at the moment i am living with my grandma who owns her house and has done for many years she has a 3 bedroomed house there are three people living here including myself and i have a decent sized room.
when my husbands visa come through il be renting my mothers house which is a 4 bedroomed house which she also owns and it will just be the two of us living there.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:45 pm

So, assuming granny did not buy the property recently (and has the Estate Agent's pamphlet showing the details, size and layout of the property) I suggest that you get an extract of the title deeds from the land registry. This will show who owns the property and have a diagram of the general layout. Then take a couple (of photos of the interior (showing the room that will be a bedroom for the exclusive use of you and your partner. Then all you need is a letter from granny saying you have her permission to live there.

toogrown4dat

Post by toogrown4dat » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:47 pm

ok and what if i say im living at my mothers house, she only boight her house recently

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:57 pm

Well she still needs to prove her ownership of the house and the title deeds will show this. Or a mortgage contract together with the details from the Estate Agent to show the layout.

caylalove
Newly Registered

Post by caylalove » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:24 pm

Hi, I read somewhere on the forum that the property has to be independently evaluated to prove there is no overcrowding . Is this true?

Will the deeds and pictures of the houses be enough? Or will they need evidence of how many people live in the home.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:50 am

caylalove wrote:Hi, I read somewhere on the forum that the property has to be independently evaluated to prove there is no overcrowding . Is this true?
That look like the exact same question to the one under discussion, therefore would you consider reading what has been said?