ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marriage breakdown/Seperated

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Sidra Akil

Marriage breakdown/Seperated

Post by Sidra Akil » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:20 pm

Salaam

I am sorry if this is the wrong section to post this but I need a little advice.
I have divorced my wife in October 2014 by giving her the islamic divorce. She has not treated me like a husband since she arrived here in the UK and has told me several occasions she wants to marry someone else in the UK once she has gained her visa from me in 5 years. This was my reasons for giving her the islamic divorce. We did not live like husband and wife as she made it clear she used me to come to the UK.

I have wrote to the home office regards to my divorce and explained I have separated from my wife who I called from Pakistan in May 2014. I wrote to the following address -

Manchester Curtailment
Team PO Box 99
Manchester
M90 3WW.

I included the following information they ask for on the site -

name
date of birth
address
passport number
Home Office reference number (you’ll find it on letters sent from the Home Office).

I don't know what the home office reference number is and did not include this. I have not heard anything back from them regards to my situation. Is there a contact number to who I can call regards to this matter or can someone tell me if the address above is correct to where I sent posted my letter? I am not sure if my ex wife has wrote to the above address but I sent the letter at start of this month.
I have not applied for a UK Divorce as of yet but will be in touch with my lawyer by April.
Application submitted: 9th december 2013
Under process at BHC: 20th december 2013
Outcome - visa granted - 8th April 2014

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Marriage breakdown/Seperated

Post by Wanderer » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:21 pm

Islamic Divorce is not a legal divorce in UK.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Sidra Akil

Post by Sidra Akil » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:27 pm

I know it isn't. I am going to be seeing my lawyer in April next month to apply for a UK Divorce.
I just need to know if the address is correct to where I sent my letter to home office is correct.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:44 pm

Even without a divorce, if a person is not in a subsisting relationship, then they do not qualify under the rules.

In regards to the divorce, you will need her to consent to it, so perhaps you will need to be in touch with her, so you can serve the legal papers.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Sidra Akil

Post by Sidra Akil » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:57 pm

Obie wrote:Even without a divorce, if a person is not in a subsisting relationship, then they do not qualify under the rules.

In regards to the divorce, you will need her to consent to it, so perhaps you will need to be in touch with her, so you can serve the legal papers.

what do you mean by (if a person is not in a subsisting relationship, then they do not qualify under the rules.)?
I have no contact with her as I do not know where she is. Her cousin took her from my address after I gave her an islamic divorce so that I do not send her back to pakistan and may not apply for a UK Divorce. The last known address her cousin gave me she is no longer there and they also said they can not confirm to her where about.
I spoke to a lawyer on the phone two weeks ago who said they will issue a letter once the scottish court confirm to my lawyer, lawyer said she will then issue a letter to the last known address and she will have 21 days to respond back to IF she wants to appeal against the divorce.

Sidra Akil

Post by Sidra Akil » Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:00 pm

I also need someone to advise me if the address above on my first post is correct to where I sent my letter to home office explaining my situation. Someone told me to write to home office so that they do not issue her an indefinite stay as she may try to report that our marriage was a domestic and violent marriage.

Zack1234

Post by Zack1234 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:07 pm

There is another Sheffield address as well. You can call them on the number provided on .Gov website to get further information.

Sidra Akil

Post by Sidra Akil » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:17 pm

Zack1234 wrote:There is another Sheffield address as well. You can call them on the number provided on .Gov website to get further information.

Thanks for your reply. Is it this address -

Customer Contact Centre
UK Border Agency
PO Box 3468
Sheffield
South Yorkshire
S3 8WA

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:32 pm

Sidra Akil wrote:I also need someone to advise me if the address above on my first post is correct to where I sent my letter to home office explaining my situation. Someone told me to write to home office so that they do not issue her an indefinite stay as she may try to report that our marriage was a domestic and violent marriage.
Well if she has evidence of domestic violence then anything you write to them is irrelevant. If she doesn't have evidence of this then she won't be granted further leave.

Sidra Akil

Post by Sidra Akil » Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:19 pm

Greenie wrote:
Sidra Akil wrote:I also need someone to advise me if the address above on my first post is correct to where I sent my letter to home office explaining my situation. Someone told me to write to home office so that they do not issue her an indefinite stay as she may try to report that our marriage was a domestic and violent marriage.
Well if she has evidence of domestic violence then anything you write to them is irrelevant. If she doesn't have evidence of this then she won't be granted further leave.

I was told by her cousin that when she reported this in London to the police over 2 months after her cousins took her from Glasgow, The police also told her to why it took her over 2 months to report this and also told her they will investigate this further. It has been 4 months now that I have not been contacted by the police. She was taken away to a removal centre who gave her a temp 3 month visa till they investigate her case and only once investigated she will either get a indefinite stay or be deported back. Again I have not had any contact by home office or the police regards to this.
All this information was given to me by her cousin who had told my father over the phone. Not sure if they were lying or being truthful but I wrote to home office to explain my marriage ended due to her wanting to marry someone else once she got her stay after 5 years from me and in this time she wants to remain friends with me. She made it clear many times to me she married me only to be called over by me to the UK so that she can marry her cousin who was the one telling my father the above information.

Sidra Akil

Post by Sidra Akil » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:06 pm

Anyone able to tell me what address in Sheffield I will need to write to regards to my seperation?
I have sent a letter to the manchester office but received no reply.

Please help. I have been looking online but not sure what address I can send me letter too.

AaLipak

Post by AaLipak » Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:00 am

Sidra Akil wrote:Anyone able to tell me what address in Sheffield I will need to write to regards to my seperation?

Please help. I have been looking online but not sure what address I can send me letter too.
hi

here is the Link to Fill a Form and then send it to the address at Front Page.
hope it helps.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _04-14.pdf

and address is:

UK Border Agency
Change of Circumstances Form
PO Box 3468
Sheffield
S3 8WA

regards.

Sidra Akil

Post by Sidra Akil » Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:30 pm

AaLipak wrote:
Sidra Akil wrote:Anyone able to tell me what address in Sheffield I will need to write to regards to my seperation?

hi

here is the Link to Fill a Form and then send it to the address at Front Page.
hope it helps.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _04-14.pdf

and address is:

UK Border Agency
Change of Circumstances Form
PO Box 3468
Sheffield
S3 8WA

regards.

Thanks very much for this. I will send this form too this address. I have sent two letters to the previous address in my above posts but will send it to this one too. Thanks again.

janlifecoachhome13
Newly Registered

Re: Marriage breakdown/ curtailment team

Post by janlifecoachhome13 » Fri May 15, 2015 1:33 pm

Hi guys ...not sure I'm posting in the right place but here goes anyway. My indian husband walked out on me under 60 days ago so I wrote to the curtailment team informing them of this and giving all the details they needed etc and as yet have not heard back from them. Meanwhile my husband and I have been talking and have sorted out our problems and want to try again our marriage. At present he is in India where he has been since he left me and today I have written back to the curtailment team in Manchester telling them we wish to continue with our marriage and try again. My concern now is, do you think his visa he had would have been cancelled already and if I buy him a ticket to return to the Uk,he won't be allowed in when he gets here ?or has this not happen yet and I would hear if that was the case?
Also because you have to wait 60 days to hear from them I'm in limbo as to what has happen so far in connection to my first letter I sent them... so what do I do ? Do i quickly send my new letter to them telling them of the new news that we want to try again and wait another 60 days for them to get back to me or what ?

britpharaoh
Newly Registered

Post by britpharaoh » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:56 pm

Salaam Sidra
I have the same condition like you I also informed the home address at the Manchester address but so far they didn’t contact me ore had any action!
Please give me any update with your case and any advise

Regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:03 pm

britpharaoh wrote:Salaam Sidra
I have the same condition like you I also informed the home address at the Manchester address but so far they didn’t contact me ore had any action!
Please give me any update with your case and any advise

Regards
This topic is almost 2 years old and user sidra has not logged into the forum since Dec 2015. Suggest start your own topic with your circumstances and questions. Besides, there is now a specific form that needs to be completed and HO unlikely to inform you of anything they do.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.