ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marrying my british partner

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

cheoxenham
Newly Registered

Marrying my british partner

Post by cheoxenham » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:54 pm

I apologise if in wrong forum please advise my fiance is from nz and is in uk on work visa we have 2 children both british citizens last baby born 4 Dec 2016 in lancaster I have parental responsibility and am british citizen wharf route does my fiance take as we want to marry in uk I work full time. Her visa runs out 2018 I support her as she has just had baby and we are not wishing to return to new Zealand please can you advise or help in any way. Many thanks and apologies if not in right forum.

Casa

Re: Marrying my british partner

Post by Casa » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:02 pm

I'm assuming you have shared parental responsibility.

You can marry in the UK, but you will only be able to give notice to marry with a Home Office designated Registry Office. The Registrar is legally required to notify the HO who can then extend the notification period from 28 to 70 days if they choose to do so, before permission is given for the marriage to take place. However, in the circumstances you've described there's unlikely to be any delay in approval.

Your wife will have to switch to a FLR(M) visa which will set her on a new 5 year path (2.5 x 2.5 years) to permanent settlement (ILR).

https://www.gov.uk/remain-in-uk-family/apply

In addition to the £811 visa fee (postal) or £1311 (premium in-person) your wife will have to pay the £500 NHS surcharge.

Are you earning a minimum of £18,600 p.a?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

noajthan

Re: Marrying my british partner

Post by noajthan » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:03 pm

Moved to family forum.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.