ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MEXICAN WIFE, WHAT VISA IS REQUIRED TO IMMIGRATE TO THE UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rsangha
Newly Registered

MEXICAN WIFE, WHAT VISA IS REQUIRED TO IMMIGRATE TO THE UK

Post by rsangha » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:29 pm

Can some body please help me in the right direction as WorldBridge has confused me completley.

I am British national (born in the UK) living and working in Mexico for 16 years now. My Wife has Mexican Nationality (married for 10 years and currently living together in Mexico). We have 2 kids, born in Mexico but both have British passports.

Due to the violence in Mexico I want my family to return to the UK with me.

What visa application must my wife apply for in order to move and live with me in the UK?

Worldbridge claims a Family Permit, but please take into account, I work and live in Mexico. i do not have a job or house to go back to in the UK. Our idea is to sell everything we have in Mexico and then go to the UK and purchase a house and settle down.

The UKBA asks that we can demonstrate that we are financially self sufficient. Does anybody know the amount needed to demonstrate this? I take it this is an option for me as I have no job waiting for me in the UK. Am I right in this assumption? or do I need to go back and look for a job first?

If everything works out, will my Wife be able to work in the UK?

Any info will help and thanks in advance

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:48 pm

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... utside-uk/

When she applies for the visa, and without a firm job offer in the UK for you on your arrival, you will need to have held savings in the amount of 62,500K for the previous six months.

rsangha
Newly Registered

Post by rsangha » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:13 pm

thank you Lucapooka