ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need some help

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

laxmi1234
Newly Registered

Need some help

Post by laxmi1234 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:40 pm

Hi, i'm from nepal. I recently got married. My husband is from UK. He's a british citizen (previously nepali). From what i read on the internet he needs to have an CNI certificates. Which he didn't have. We got into arrange marriage. I read that without that certificate our marriage cannot be recognized. What options or route we can start for us to start the application process?

Casa

Re: Need some help

Post by Casa » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:45 pm

If a CNI wasn't required to enable you to marry, it won't now be required for your Spouse visa application. A valid marriage certificate will be sufficient to prove legality.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

laxmi1234
Newly Registered

Post by laxmi1234 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:01 pm

Casa wrote:If a CNI wasn't required to enable you to marry, it won't now be required for your Spouse visa application. A valid marriage certificate will be sufficient to prove legality.
From what i heard from my friends from UK, he needs to have the CNI when the application process starts. We can't make a marriage certificate because he's british citizen now.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:03 pm

What do you mean by you can't make a marriage certificate? Were you legally married under the laws of the country where the marriage took place and were you issued with a marriage certificate?

Your post isn't clear. :?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

laxmi1234
Newly Registered

Post by laxmi1234 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:46 am

Casa wrote:What do you mean by you can't make a marriage certificate? Were you legally married under the laws of the country where the marriage took place and were you issued with a marriage certificate?

Your post isn't clear. :?
We have the marriage certificate. The problem we might have is that in that certificate all his details of his address is of Nepal and not UK. The address & details of his are of Nepal before he became british citizen but when we were married he was british citizen. No details of his uk address is on the certificate.

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:22 am

There's no requirement when applying for a Spouse visa to submit a marriage certificate with a UK address. A CNI is only required by certain countries before marrying.

If your marriage is considered to be legal in the country where it took place it will be recognised under British law and for UK immigration purposes. You're worrying unnecessarily.

You must submit the original certificate with a certified translation if not in English.
(Casa, not CR001)