ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

new rules from april 2012- Maintenance needed for dependant

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

doc44
- thin ice -

new rules from april 2012- Maintenance needed for dependant

Post by doc44 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:16 pm

Hi,

Need some advice, very worried. I am quite stressful after the arrival of these new rules.
I am maintaining funds in UK for my deendants (2) from 6 jan 2012 so that they could apply dependant visa in April 2012 from outside UK.

Just come to know that from April 2012, maintenance fund will rise to 600 pounds for each dependant. I was maintaining mine under the old rule that was 533 pounds for each dependant so was maintaining 1100 pounds for 2 dependants from 6th of January 2012.

I am very stressed out now. Any one knows if there will be any grace period? Will this rule affect all the application from April or from July (three months after April). I will appreciate your advice. Many thanks.