ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

No in-country appeal rights from 01-12-16

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Jamey
Newly Registered

No in-country appeal rights from 01-12-16

Post by Jamey » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:13 am

Hi Obie,
My spouse visa application was refused despite the fact that I have a British wife and son. however I was given right to appeal, as at August when I got the refusal letter. My appeal went in September and they confirmed that they've received it.
Do you have any idea how long I would have to wait, and as am in the country when I appealed, does this mean I this new rule will not apply to me?

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: No in-country appeal rights from 01-12-16

Post by CR001 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:41 pm

I have split your post as the topic you posted is not a general discussion one.

Appeals can take many months sometime a year or more.

What were the reasons for refusal? Having a British spouse and child is unfortunately not sufficient, you have to meet the requirements per the guidance notes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AHMAD786

Re: No in-country appeal rights from 01-12-16

Post by AHMAD786 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:25 pm

CR001 wrote:I have split your post as the topic you posted is not a general discussion one.

Appeals can take many months sometime a year or more.

What were the reasons for refusal? Having a British spouse and child is unfortunately not sufficient, you have to meet the requirements per the guidance notes.
i applied on 12 aguest based on ilr partner and brittish son i am no sure if i am gunna get leave or get refused what will happen now if i get refused which hope n pray not to happem what is next option i have now after 1-12-16 thanks in advance