ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Parents from SouthAfrica

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

smurphy
Newly Registered

Parents from SouthAfrica

Post by smurphy » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:11 am

Hello,

My wife is a naturalised British citizen and has been for 8 years, She would like to bring her parents to live in the UK for a better life having suffered allot of bad things in the past few months alone.

Can you please advise me if this is possible and if so how we can start going about it, Her father has either a granddad or great granddad from Scotland.

I really hope that you can shed some light on this matter for me and point me in the right direction.

Many thanks

John

smurphy
Newly Registered

Re: Parents from SouthAfrica

Post by smurphy » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:12 am

I have posted this in the wrong part of the forum, can it be moved please. :oops:

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:19 am

It's virtually impossible to bring dependent parents into the UK for settlement following the introduction of much tougher rules.
That's unless they both meet the following conditions;
... relatives must demonstrate that they require a level of long-term personal care
as a result of age, illness or disability, which can only be provided by their relative in the UK
and without recourse to public funds. “Long-term personal care” is regarded as help to
perform everyday tasks such as washing, dressing and cooking. If the applicant is able to
obtain the required level of care in their own country with practical and financial help from the
UK-based sponsor, they will not be eligible for a visa.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:29 am

smurphy wrote:Hello,

My wife is a naturalised British citizen and has been for 8 years, She would like to bring her parents to live in the UK for a better life having suffered allot of bad things in the past few months alone.

Can you please advise me if this is possible and if so how we can start going about it, Her father has either a granddad or great granddad from Scotland.

I really hope that you can shed some light on this matter for me and point me in the right direction.

Many thanks

John
Practically impossible, the cost of application is £1986 per applicant (designed to put people off) and with what we've seen a 99.999% chance of rejecting, thereby declaring an intent to settle, thereby any future visit visa will almost certainly be declined.

Other option is to move your centre of life to another EU State for around 12 months, make sure you are supporting them financially, get them there too on a EEA Family Permit (or local equivalent) then move back to UK. Be aware UKVI is shutting the doors on this way being a quick and easy way round the rules so things will undoubtedly tighten.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....