ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS dependant settlement 319E but after main applicant

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

vojtila
Newly Registered

PBS dependant settlement 319E but after main applicant

Post by vojtila » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:35 pm

Dear all,

After long search through the forum I found that our case is quite unusual and I could to find the answer. So, please if you came across the similar case point me out.

I applied for ILR using set(O) back in July and obtain my settlement on 8th of November. My wife who is with me all the way through and fulfil all the requirements given in the Immigration rule 319E, needed to travel at that time, so it looked to me that she can easily apply later when my visa arrive. Now, when we called to book the appointment, we have got two opposing solutions for her towards settlement. First they told us that she need to apply first for FLR(M) and then for SET(M), but second time they told us that because I have got my visa recently (?) she can still apply to be my dependant using SET(O) and option other reason not covered by any application form. Now, I believe that other option is possible (there is nothing in 319e that say that we need to apply together or is there?).
If so, does she need to fill immigration history? Do you know anyone who was in the similar situation and had successful application?

Thanks!

vinny

Re: PBS dependant settlement 319E but after main applicant

Post by vinny » Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:21 am

vojtila wrote: (there is nothing in 319e that say that we need to apply together or is there?)
319E wrote:(b) The applicant must be the spouse or civil partner, unmarried or same-sex partner of a person who is, at the same time, being granted indefinite leave to remain as a Relevant Points Based System Migrant .
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.