ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS dependant settlement or flr

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Charisma1
Newly Registered

PBS dependant settlement or flr

Post by Charisma1 » Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:49 pm

Hi all,

I am new new on the board and really need your help. My husband and I got married in our home country in 2009, he had a work permit visa at the time but in 2010, he lost the job and we switched to tier 1 general. I have always been his dependant. He recently got his settlement through long residence route Feb 2016 and we are not sure if I quality for settlement or need to get flr.
I have always been his dependant since September 2009. I already have the life in UK and English test but don't want to waste money if I don't qualify.

I appreciate your response. Thank you so much. :?:

vinny

Re: PBS dependant settlement or flr

Post by vinny » Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:36 am

You should switch to FLR(M), 5-year route.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

dng_131
India

Post by dng_131 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:27 am

Charisma1 wrote:Hi all,

I am new new on the board and really need your help. My husband and I got married in our home country in 2009, he had a work permit visa at the time but in 2010, he lost the job and we switched to tier 1 general. I have always been his dependant. He recently got his settlement through long residence route Feb 2016 and we are not sure if I quality for settlement or need to get flr.
I have always been his dependant since September 2009. I already have the life in UK and English test but don't want to waste money if I don't qualify.

Hi Charisma1,

1. When did you and your husband switch to Tier 1 General?
2. When did you come to the UK first?

If you have completed 5 years under this visa as dependant then you can apply for ILR. If you will go for FLR (M) then your 5 years qualifying period will start again. You will have to wait for another 5 years to get your ILR.

I hope this help.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:40 am

Unfortunately, there are no provisions for you to apply for ILR directly, unless you qualify under Long residence.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

Charisma1
Newly Registered

Indefinite leave to remain for pbs dependant

Post by Charisma1 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:50 pm

Hi all

I'm new here and really need help regarding my application. I came to UK in September 2009 to join my husband who was on a work permit visa. In 2010, he switched to Tier 1 general and recently got his settlement this February 2016 through long residence. My leave to remain runs out May 3rd and I'm not sure whether I qualify for settlement or not. I have always been his dependant.

Please anyone has this experience? I have already passed the English test and life in UK test. Thanks in advance.

Charisma1
Newly Registered

Post by Charisma1 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:32 am

dng_131 wrote:
Charisma1 wrote:Hi all,

Hi Charisma1,

1. When did you and your husband switch to Tier 1 General?
2. When did you come to the UK first?

If you have completed 5 years under this visa as dependant then you can apply for ILR. If you will go for FLR (M) then your 5 years qualifying period will start again. You will have to wait for another 5 years to get your ILR.

I hope this help.

I came to the UK in September 2009 as a spouse dependant of a person on work permit. In 2010 my husband switched to Tier 1 general and myself a Tier 1 general dependant. We renewed it in 2013, Tier 1 general and he applied for settlement through long residence in February 2016.

If I can apply for ILR, which form? Is there any way of asking HO to be sure? Which form can I possibly use? Thanks for your reply.

Casa

Post by Casa » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:39 am

Why are you repeating the same question? Vinny has already correctly advised you that as your husband was granted ILR under 10 year long residence, you will have to apply for a FLR(M) visa. Have you clicked on Vinny's blue links and read through the information?

Be aware that the HO 'help line' is notorious for giving incorrect advice and take no responsibility for doing so. See this article:
https://www.freemovement.org.uk/immigra ... pectation/
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

c4click
Newly Registered

Post by c4click » Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:14 pm

Hi All

I was wondering, some solicitor was telling that PBS dependant for example Tier 1 General dependant:
"who came UK before 07/2012 can qualify for ILR on the basis of 2 years even their Main Applicant does not qualify for ILR"
He explained, mostly people do not applying because of their self conscious even its very much in prevailing rules. Please elaborate the matter. Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:15 pm

Repeat:
vinny wrote:there are no provisions for you to apply for ILR directly, unless you qualify under Long residence