ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Legality of July 2012 rule changes for tier1

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

varghesejim
India

Legality of July 2012 rule changes for tier1

Post by varghesejim » Sun May 11, 2014 10:30 am

Hi All,

The dependents requirement changes for tier1 including 2 to 5 year probationary period is unfair. I am just wondering if it will legally stand to challenge. Tier 1 being a migrant visa, has to look at the rules existing at the time of the main applicants entry, not the dependents entry IMO. The dependents rule starting from the dependents EC is unfair because the migrant is the main applicant and he/she might would have planned his family life considered when assessing a migrant visa to UK.

Is there any way to challenge this to UKBA?

haiksuresh
Member of Standing

Re: Legality of July 2012 rule changes for tier1

Post by haiksuresh » Sun May 11, 2014 11:53 am

varghesejim wrote:Hi All,

The dependents requirement changes for tier1 including 2 to 5 year probationary period is unfair. I am just wondering if it will legally stand to challenge. Tier 1 being a migrant visa, has to look at the rules existing at the time of the main applicants entry, not the dependents entry IMO. The dependents rule starting from the dependents EC is unfair because the migrant is the main applicant and he/she might would have planned his family life considered when assessing a migrant visa to UK.

Is there any way to challenge this to UKBA?

Good you have raised your concern. I will support you. Raise a request in epitition. We will ask all the persons in this fourum to support. Its not offitial challenge to UKBA. But will start with epitition.

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/

Let us know once you raised your request over there.

dreamcatcher
Newly Registered

pre july 2012 PBS dependants - Petition

Post by dreamcatcher » Sun May 11, 2014 7:56 pm

Hi All;

After the drastic changes in immigration rules on 06/04/2014, pre 9th July, 2012 PBS dependants won't be able to combine any time spent as PBS dependant with FLR(M) to qualify for ILR and their qualifying time period of 5 years will start from the day they are granted an FLR(M), if the main applicant gains indefinite leave to remain based on 10 years of long residence.

I am sure there would be hundreds including me who are being affected adversly with this change in rules because this means that we are no more covered under the transitional arrangements - Part 8.

can we join our hands together and sign a petition to atleast allow the time spent as PBS dependant to be amalgamated with FLR(M) to complete the qualifying period ?????

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Re: pre july 2012 PBS dependants - Petition

Post by Tier 4 » Mon May 12, 2014 1:50 am

dreamcatcher wrote:Hi All;

After the drastic changes in immigration rules on 06/04/2014, pre 9th July, 2012 PBS dependants won't be able to combine any time spent as PBS dependant with FLR(M) to qualify for ILR and their qualifying time period of 5 years will start from the day they are granted an FLR(M), if the main applicant gains indefinite leave to remain based on 10 years of long residence.

I am sure there would be hundreds including me who are being affected adversly with this change in rules because this means that we are no more covered under the transitional arrangements - Part 8.

can we join our hands together and sign a petition to atleast allow the time spent as PBS dependant to be amalgamated with FLR(M) to complete the qualifying period ?????
I am in how can we do that?
N/A

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Mon May 12, 2014 6:46 am

**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

varghesejim
India

Post by varghesejim » Mon May 12, 2014 9:53 am

Thank you for your suggestion. However, it looks to me getting 100000 signatures for this issue is rather unlikely. When nobody is there to listen, is there any point in making noise?

varghesejim
India

Post by varghesejim » Mon May 12, 2014 1:59 pm

The point I am trying to make is, as Tier1 is a migrant visa designated to attract people to come and settle, it seems unfair the rules changed considerably once they come over. A person must have assessed his right to settle himself with family. Changing such rules are like a breach of contract.

If you apply the law fairly, it should be only considering rules at the time of main applicants entry even for dependents requirements. I would say, even if the main applicant is getting married now, the dependent should still come under pre-July 2012 rules. UKBA lawfully cannot increase the main applicants ILR requirement(as per HSMP JR), so its about what they can do and what they cannot. IMHO, they should not change the requirement for family settlement after attracting a migrant to the country.

faisaltanoli

ILR for Dependent (LR) pre July 2012...Rule needs challeng

Post by faisaltanoli » Thu May 22, 2014 11:58 am

Hello,
This thread is created to consolidate the efforts of applicant who are dependent of Settled person through (LR) and are in UK since before 09 July 2012 and applying for FLR(M) after 06 April 2014.
Given the fact that they are in the UK before 09 July 2009 and were PBS dependent so their leave before July 2012 should be amalgamate into their final application. UKVI brought new policies which stop dependent (LR) for applying ILR next five years.
We think that we need to fight this issue and if required should go the court.
All the concern people should join us.

Thanks

Regards
M Faisal

faisaltanoli

Post by faisaltanoli » Thu May 22, 2014 1:58 pm

Hello,

Please, if some one will find out the legal ground for this particular case and cost. I will ask my solicitor that what are the legal ground for it and also try to find the cost, if we have to go to the court.

Thanks
Regards
M Faisal

dreamcatcher
Newly Registered

Post by dreamcatcher » Thu May 22, 2014 2:12 pm

Thanks Faisal for this effort. I am in.

moonway

Post by moonway » Thu May 22, 2014 2:15 pm

I m in 2 great effort ready to share the cost thanks

Stay mum
Newly Registered

Post by Stay mum » Thu May 22, 2014 2:19 pm

I'm also in

faisaltanoli

Post by faisaltanoli » Thu May 22, 2014 6:15 pm

Hello and Thanks All,

Please keep in touch. I am sending a query to my solicitor. Let see what answer we will get from him...similarly if someone know a good lawyer please check with him.

Thanks

Regards

M Faisal

faisaltanoli

Post by faisaltanoli » Thu May 22, 2014 6:45 pm

Dear,
Please find below my query to solicitor.

Hello ILyas Br. (kingswell Watts Solicitors)

With reference to our previous discussion, there are lots of people those have joined hand together and thinking to question the particular clause, which barred the dependent from obtaining the ILR as Long Residency dependent even they are in UK before 09/07/2012.

Given the fact that they are in the UK before 09 July 2012 and were PBS dependent, so their leave before July 2012 should be amalgamate into their final application. Pre July 2012 PBS dependents were covered by the transitional arrangements and any time spend by them in UK will count to the final qualifying time of 2 years at that time, so how can suddenly Home Office come with new rules for the PBS dependents already covered by transitional arrangements. Any new rule change should have been only for the dependents after July 2012. Please keep in mind, that this rule change is just for the dependents switching through FLR (M), means to say just for the dependents of the people who gets ILR through Long residency, so how can Home Office just single out the dependents of the Long residence ILR holders.

My email to you is concerning to identify the viability of this case. Also, if your organization will take this case what will be the charges?

I am waiting for your reply.
Thanks
Regards
M Faisal

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Thu May 22, 2014 11:20 pm

faisaltanoli wrote:Dear,

With reference to our previous discussion, there are lots of people those have joined hand together and thinking to question the particular clause, which barred the dependent from obtaining the ILR as Long Residency dependent even they are in UK before 09/07/2012.

Given the fact that they are in the UK before 09 July 2012 and were PBS dependent, so their leave before July 2012 should be amalgamate into their final application. Pre July 2012 PBS dependents were covered by the transitional arrangements and any time spend by them in UK will count to the final qualifying time of 2 years at that time, so how can suddenly Home Office come with new rules for the PBS dependents already covered by transitional arrangements. Any new rule change should have been only for the dependents after July 2012. Please keep in mind, that this rule change is just for the dependents switching through FLR (M), means to say just for the dependents of the people who gets ILR through Long residency, so how can Home Office just single out the dependents of the Long residence ILR holders.

My email to you is concerning to identify the viability of this case. Also, if your organization will take this case what will be the charges?

Thanks
Regards
M Faisal
Give us update of any possible reply and how much its going to cost us to hire a lawyer. I don't think there are lot of people in our boat however its worth a try.
N/A

faisaltanoli

Post by faisaltanoli » Fri May 23, 2014 9:01 am

I think there are great number of people, but are not aware of this strive. We need to inform people.
Tier 4 wrote:
faisaltanoli wrote:Dear,

Thanks
Regards
M Faisal
Give us update of any possible reply and how much its going to cost us to hire a lawyer. I don't think there are lot of people in our boat however its worth a try.

faisaltanoli

Post by faisaltanoli » Fri May 23, 2014 1:40 pm

Hello guys,
Just got reply from Solicitors..

Please share your thoughts as I have no idea whether it is reasonable cost or too expensive...if you guys have any solicitors please let me know

Salaams, Faisal,

I have no problems taking on such a test case.

I would instruct an experienced immigration barrister. The cost of instructing him for drafting the grounds for judicial review, attending a full judicial review hearing will be around £7000 plus VAT (if applicable).

In total the legal fees could be around £10,000 plus VAT

If the Home Office appeal the decision to the Court of Appeal the cost could be more.

Ilyas

Zzee
Newly Registered

Post by Zzee » Fri May 23, 2014 4:51 pm

Hi all,

I am sorry to be ignorant but is this 100% now that dependants of LR won't be able to apply for ILR because I have read on this forum some time around 10th April that some was granted ILR straight after FLRM. My second question is what if we apply for a FLRM n then apply for ILR what would they do refuse it if so then make an appeal and take it court and fight it there in the court. Can it be done this way ??? We will have all the evidence and logic to give to the judge what do u guy say ??? Thanks Z

faisaltanoli

Post by faisaltanoli » Fri May 23, 2014 7:30 pm

Hello,

though I am not very much expert, but according to my understanding challenging after refusal is actually challenging the decision which will be judge on the basis of law and law is that we can not apply. If challenge the law its mean we try to void the law.

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Post by Tier 4 » Fri May 23, 2014 8:36 pm

faisaltanoli wrote:Hello guys,

Please share your thoughts as I have no idea whether it is reasonable cost or too expensive...if you guys have any solicitors please let me know

Salaams, Faisal,

I would instruct an experienced immigration barrister. The cost of instructing him for drafting the grounds for judicial review, attending a full judicial review hearing will be around £7000 plus VAT (if applicable).

If the Home Office appeal the decision to the Court of Appeal the cost could be more.

Ilyas
Did he give any hope? Or idea how strong our case can be? If we get together I don't think it will be any hard to gather £10,000.
N/A

faisaltanoli

Post by faisaltanoli » Fri May 23, 2014 8:41 pm

Tier 4 wrote:
faisaltanoli wrote:Hello guys,

Salaams, Faisal,

Ilyas
Did he give any hope? Or idea how strong our case can be? If we get together I don't think it will be any hard to gather £10,000.
You asked very important question and that is also mu question. Yes, u can charge the fee but let us know how strong the case is...I will leave a query for him, but he is not end of the world...

Zzee
Newly Registered

Post by Zzee » Fri May 23, 2014 10:33 pm

Friends,

I am sorry but I am gonna ask the same question again is it 100% now that after getting FLRM we will not ILR coz I still think some dependant got ILR after 6th April 2014. I am gonna wait for one of my friends he is waiting for his wife's FLRM to come through as soon as he gets it he's going to apply for ILR. Will update u guys once when he's done it but that could be a while.

faisaltanoli

Post by faisaltanoli » Sat May 24, 2014 6:28 am

Zzee wrote:Friends,

I am sorry but I am gonna ask the same question again is it 100% now that after getting FLRM we will not ILR coz I still think some dependant got ILR after 6th April 2014. I am gonna wait for one of my friends he is waiting for his wife's FLRM to come through as soon as he gets it he's going to apply for ILR. Will update u guys once when he's done it but that could be a while.
According to my understanding and extensive consultation within this group and three different solicitors, unfortunately this the way forward for dependent of ILR (LR) under any category that they have to exhaust five year term, if they are applying after 06/04/2014. Even pre july 2012 who were cover in transitional arrangements. Now your point that someone have got the 2 year visa under same circumstances, I would say either its his good luck or HO usual mysteries. What policy interprets is that we cannot...

Zzee
Newly Registered

Post by Zzee » Sat May 24, 2014 9:02 am

Hi,

Thanks for the information and let's see if people are interested n they want to challenge this law n how many of can join forces n tackle this big problem. Count me in n I will be keeping an eye on Ur posts n will update u with any info I find.
Have a nice weekend n don't worry inshallah things will turn for the better. Kh

faisaltanoli

Post by faisaltanoli » Sat May 24, 2014 10:37 am

Zzee wrote:Hi,

Thanks for the information and let's see if people are interested n they want to challenge this law n how many of can join forces n tackle this big problem. Count me in n I will be keeping an eye on Ur posts n will update u with any info I find.
Have a nice weekend n don't worry inshallah things will turn for the better. Kh
Thanks for support. Please make concern people aware of the this petition. The more people will participate the more burden will share...