ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

question about FLR (M)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mrswow
Mood:

question about FLR (M)

Post by mrswow » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:41 pm

Hi everyone,

Happy new year all and i hope someone can help me with my next step of the process!

My partner was granted permission to enter on a fiancee visa (the expensive one) which allowed us to get married :)

I am a British Citizen and my husband is American

We have been in a relationship now for 3 years before we married he lived in the states. He stayed with me for 6 months between november and april when he visited initally and then he was granted his permission to enter to marry me. He arrived on the 28th of october 2016 and we married on the 13th of December. He has been living with me the whole time - during his visit initally and then since he landed on his visa.

We are now planning to apply for the FLR (M) so that he can live with us in the uk. I was a little confused by one of the questions whereby it asked for 6 pieces of evidence that we live together.

After we married i informed all the agencies i need to of my name change and new status but the utility providers say that they only usually have one named account holder. I added my husband to my tennancy agreement too and we are awaiting a new copy of this to come through.

Im guessing to allow him to stay here we have to apply for the FLR (M) before his current visa runs out in april - but im not really sure i understand what kind of proof they are looking for us to be able to get. I see a lot about them wanting proof of living together for 2 years and i wanted to check if this correspondance part applied to me and my husband? Mostly because this is his first application for an extension? so do we still have to provide the proof of correspondance if we are only just married and starting our lives together? We obviously have wedding cards and congratulations cards that addressed to both of us here at my address but i dont know if im exactly sure this really applys to us.

I also have some general qwuestions about the rest of the form i was hoping to get some insight about if possible. It asks if this is the first time you have applied for a visa or extension of stay - so am i right in thinking we tick no for this because we applied for the fiance marriage visa before? or do we tick yes because its his first extension of a visa? i normally would have thought we would tick yes because this is his first extension application but is then says in the same question (2.2 flr (m) including previous leave granted as a fiancee. So im confused

also the question 4.7 about any mental health disorders ,im not sure why this is relevant to the application can anyone shed any light on why they ask this?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: question about FLR (M)

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:00 pm

mrswow wrote:We are now planning to apply for the FLR (M) so that he can live with us in the uk. I was a little confused by one of the questions whereby it asked for 6 pieces of evidence that we live together. Not required if switching from fiance visa to FLR(M) spouse visa. If you do have any documents, submit them though (NHS letters, Job centre letters, etc)

After we married i informed all the agencies i need to of my name change and new status but the utility providers say that they only usually have one named account holder. I added my husband to my tennancy agreement too and we are awaiting a new copy of this to come through.

Im guessing to allow him to stay here we have to apply for the FLR (M) before his current visa runs out in april - but im not really sure i understand what kind of proof they are looking for us to be able to get. I see a lot about them wanting proof of living together for 2 years and i wanted to check if this correspondance part applied to me and my husband? Mostly because this is his first application for an extension? so do we still have to provide the proof of correspondance if we are only just married and starting our lives together? We obviously have wedding cards and congratulations cards that addressed to both of us here at my address but i dont know if im exactly sure this really applys to us. Two years cohab evidence is not relevant to you/spouse.

I also have some general qwuestions about the rest of the form i was hoping to get some insight about if possible. It asks if this is the first time you have applied for a visa or extension of stay - so am i right in thinking we tick no for this because we applied for the fiance marriage visa before? or do we tick yes because its his first extension of a visa? i normally would have thought we would tick yes because this is his first extension application but is then says in the same question (2.2 flr (m) including previous leave granted as a fiancee. So im confused It is the first box/option.

also the question 4.7 about any mental health disorders ,im not sure why this is relevant to the application can anyone shed any light on why they ask this? 4.7 does not ask this. section 4 is dependent children. Do you mean question 6.34??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mrswow
Mood:

Post by mrswow » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:11 pm

thank you so much CROO1

I could air kiss you right now! I was super stressed about getting everything changed!

I did indeed mean question 6.34 :)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:15 pm

Just tick no for 6.34 if not relevant. HO must have a reason for asking but even if you ticked yes, it won't be used against you as that would be discrimination which is illegal.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mrswow
Mood:

Post by mrswow » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:23 pm

CR001 wrote:Just tick no for 6.34 if not relevant. HO must have a reason for asking but even if you ticked yes, it won't be used against you as that would be discrimination which is illegal.
Thats great thanks for your help :)

With regards to the kids section - in general, i have 3 kids and i filled out the form because it said you or your sponsor, He has no dependants but i have the 3 so we put the details of my kids in was this right? It asks for passport pictures of us all?

We plan to apply same day this time also

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:28 pm

If your children are applying with you as non UK citizens then yes you have to complete the whole section.

If they are British you just need to list them and their nationalities and submit what HO asks for.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

mrswow
Mood:

Post by mrswow » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:31 pm

Thank you so much for all your help <3

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:36 pm

You are welcome. Ask any further questions you have in this same topic. :)
Char (CR001 not Casa)

mrswow
Mood:

Post by mrswow » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:02 pm

CR001 wrote:You are welcome. Ask any further questions you have in this same topic. :)

I have a question about a biometric residents permit.

so because this is the first time we are applying after the marriage fiance visa for FLR (M) does my husband need this? before we apply.

His current visa was 6 months to allow us to marry and now we are applying for him to remain.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:14 pm

No he does not need this before submitting an FLR(M) application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

mrswow
Mood:

Post by mrswow » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:11 pm

hi there sorry to be a nucience again :/

I was just wondering question 10.3 asks how long he has lived in the uk does this include any time he spent here previously just visiting? for example my husband came to visit me for 6 months between november 2015 and april 2016 during this time he lived with me. His fiance visa was awarded in october and he moved in with me again should we include the 6 months he stayed here on a visit? or should we just include from when he landed back in the uk after his fiance visa was granted?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:11 pm

October.

You can state he was here between the relevant dates as a visitor in the additional information section.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

mrswow
Mood:

Post by mrswow » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:33 pm

thank you once again CR001 you have been amazing.