ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

questions asked to spouse at UK border

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jayess
Newly Registered

questions asked to spouse at UK border

Post by jayess » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:38 pm

HI

when my spouse comes over to the UK, does anyone know what the likelihood will be of them asking her any questions about her marrige etc??

do they normally ask questions or do they just check documents and let you go ?

does I have to be their to collect her from airport (because her brother was going to collect her) and would they call me in to Immigration ??

UKBAbble

Re: questions asked to spouse at UK border

Post by UKBAbble » Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:11 pm

jayess wrote:HI

when my spouse comes over to the UK, does anyone know what the likelihood will be of them asking her any questions about her marrige etc??

do they normally ask questions or do they just check documents and let you go ?

does I have to be their to collect her from airport (because her brother was going to collect her) and would they call me in to Immigration ??
They may well wish to speak tou you to confirm that you are in fact in the UK.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:37 pm

I agree with UKbabble, that you should go to meet her rather than her brother just in case they want to ask you some questions.

INSIDER

Post by INSIDER » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:15 pm

batleykhan wrote:I agree with UKbabble, that you should go to meet her rather than her brother just in case they want to ask you some questions.
So what stops them asking any questions over the phone? :?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:26 pm

Most importantly jaysee, have you established, where you stand with your wife in regards to the relationship. I could not help noticing you had some concern about her commitment.

Have those concerns been erased or ceased to exist?
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

jayess
Newly Registered

Post by jayess » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:31 pm

the concerns have been addressed - generally, things are better, but there are one or two minor things that need further discussion

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:41 pm

So what stops them asking any questions over the phone? Confused
Because on the phone they could be talking to any Tom Dick or Harry instead of the applicants spouse :roll:

I mean what geyser wouldnt like to welcome his spouse on her first visit to this country by meeting her at the airport.

Sounds like something is not right here,but cant put my finger on it......yet 8)

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:42 pm

Pleased to hear the concerns have been addressed. In regards to your question, there is every possibility the Immigration Officer will try to establish whether or not your wife is coming to join you, whether or not you are in the UK and whether or not the marriage is subsisting since the visa was issued.

If all of those questions are answered by your wife in an acceptable manner and in the positive, then you might not be contacted. Having said so, it will be best for you to be at the airport to prevent any harassment or intimidation that may arise.

Do you intend to go after her to the UK or what?

jayess
Newly Registered

Post by jayess » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:06 pm

I am in the uK already - I was born and bred in the UK

dublin3
- thin ice -

hi

Post by dublin3 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:16 pm

sorry to say mate but your English is much different then some one who is born in the UK and your spelling are horrible.or either you didn't go to school..
I am totally agreed what Obie said earlier in his post.there is something wrong.
Forgive me if you mind that...

jayess
Newly Registered

Post by jayess » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:23 pm

rebel82

from your member name, I guess you were born in 1982.....

I was born in 1973.....

My command of the english language is more likely to be greater than yours, as the quality of teaching has declined since the onset of the 1990's....

I hope you dont mind the above comments.....

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:44 pm

I wasn't questioning whether or not you are British born and bred or anything. I was merely trying to establish whether or not you will be in the UK on the day your wife arrives.

If you will be, then that is perfect. If you will not be , for any reason, she might encounter some difficulties.

Sorry for any obscurity in my previous question.

jayess
Newly Registered

Post by jayess » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:46 pm

OBIE - sorry from me as well

junai

Re: hi

Post by junai » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:41 pm

rebel82 wrote:sorry to say mate but your English is much different then some one who is born in the UK and your spelling are horrible.or either you didn't go to school..
I am totally agreed what Obie said earlier in his post.there is something wrong.
Forgive me if you mind that...
Hilarious - pot . . . kettle . . . black.

I suggest you take a look at your own level of literacy before you start deriding others.