ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Questions on Bringing wife to the UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

twinbanj
Newly Registered

Questions on Bringing wife to the UK

Post by twinbanj » Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:06 am

Hello
I am a 22 year old British citizen. I am currently in China teaching here, but my Chinese wife and I wish to return to the UK. She is 28 years old. She has previously graduated with a masters degree from the UK and has been employed here in China.

1) would her degree be sufficient to cover the English language requirement? It was gained from Sheffield Hallam University, Masters in Architecture. When i checked a few months ago the home office website specifically said that only UK bachelor degrees could be accepted, but now it appears to have changed.

2) how much savings would be sufficient for her to get a succesful visa application?

3) As we are both in China, neither of us have employment in the UK at the moment, so do you think an application could be accepted on savings alone and maybe an offer of employment by a company?

4) would I be able to (with sufficient documentation from my parents, along with a signed letter from them both and pictures of the property etc) be able to put down my parents house as the place we would live in (it is large enough to accomodate us and them.) Again, this is because we are in China and do not have a house in the UK as of yet.

5) If she was pregnant, would that affect our visa application at all?

Thank you any advice you can give. I know the answers to some of these partially, but would like clarification.

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:11 pm

Read the guidance here
First and then come back if you can't find answers to your questions.

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:54 pm

1. I am not sure about this but if rules have changed look back on the UKBA site.

2. There is no definitive about deemed suitable, depends on the outgoings you will have on arrival.

3. A job offer is always beneficial to have, and if this is within a few weeks of arriving i think it would be possible to apply.

4. Yes, many people remain with family members until they are able to set up home independently when the spouse arrives. Just ensure there is enough space and all documents provided. Also, if you are expected to contribute financially or pay rent make that clear.

5. Pregnancy will be irrelevant although there is nothing wrong with mentioning it.