ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

refused flr (m)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kuu
Newly Registered

refused flr (m)

Post by kuu » Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:38 pm

i have been visiting the UK on visitor's visa since 2000. my last visa expired in 2006 august but i made an application to the HO in july 2007 for FLR(M) that is leave to remain as unmarried patner to a british citizen. i have been leaving with my girl friend since 2005 (3 years now). however my application was refused on the ground that i had over stayed ma visa which makes sense though. my problem here is i dont mind going to ghana to apply but the thing is am at the moment puesuing a masters degree programe ( though am not allow to do so as a visitor) and wouldnt want to put my education on hold. the other point is that i have a 4 month old daughter with my ex also a british citizen. will i be able to argue ma cases out at the AIT using article 8 of the ECHR. please i need your advice. what are my chances and will you be able to asist me. i have be asked to go to electric house on the 10th of july but the lettersaid i should call them before i arrive. am scared of them locking me up when i go. i need your help please

weldsousa2007
Newly Registered

Post by weldsousa2007 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:48 pm

I know exactly how you are feeling. I was in the same position as you for more than four years. Please read my posts and you will understand that going back is the best and quickest way forward. I don't know the exact details of your case, but it did work for me and I was allowed back to the uk having waited for the HO decision to my FLR for more than 15 months.

I hope the above will help you make a decision.

kuu
Newly Registered

refused flr (m)

Post by kuu » Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:59 pm

thanks sir
i know what you mean but the thing is am due to graduate in december and would most definately want to finsh before i leave just in case am not able to return because i have paid my fees with the little savings i had in ghana

SAMISPOUSAL
India

Re: refused flr (m)

Post by SAMISPOUSAL » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:45 pm

what is important your degree or the rest of your life ?

you may be able to finish off your degree even if you are abroad ... i know some one who successfully did this.
ask your degree supervisor.

every one else may help you.
HO will not.
sorry you are in a rock and a hard place
good luck
British man sponsoring Indian wife.Application Pune --Mumbai 18 DEC 2013 Requested further info 27 01 2014

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:50 pm

SAMISPOUSAL wrote:what is important your degree or the rest of your life ?

you may be able to finish off your degree even if you are abroad ... i know some one who successfully did this.
ask your degree supervisor.

every one else may help you.
HO will not.
sorry you are in a rock and a hard place
good luck
Post is from 2008, OP has probably married, divorced, remarried and brought his dependant Mother over by now.....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

SAMISPOUSAL
India

Post by SAMISPOUSAL » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:13 pm

oh sorry wanderer
i ve just noticed

hope things worked out for him

some universities do allow you to carry on with your degree abroad
British man sponsoring Indian wife.Application Pune --Mumbai 18 DEC 2013 Requested further info 27 01 2014