ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

requirements for spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Anu4real

requirements for spouse visa

Post by Anu4real » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:12 pm

a family member who is British and who is self employed wants to bring in his wife from Nigeria, wanted to ask what documents does he have to show to aid the application ?

Casa

Re: requirements for spouse visa

Post by Casa » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:19 pm

I suggest they read the information thoroughly in the following links and return with any specific questions:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... form-vaf4a
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Anu4real

Post by Anu4real » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:29 am

if i am right from what i have read, employed and self employed have to show income of at least £18,600 a year after tax ?
where does the £16,000 savings come into play ?

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:43 pm

You only need savings over £16,000 to make up any shortfall in earnings.

Are you employed or self-employed. There are different requirements for proof of income.

Employed = £18,600 before tax The most recent 6 months of pay slips

Self-employed = nett income of £18,600 after deduction of allowable business expenses. i.e the amount on which HMRC have calculated for tax due.
12 months of accounts/self-assessment required.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Anu4real

Post by Anu4real » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:43 am

Thank you casa for your reply