ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Return to U K with spouse on benefit not on list

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

bigshaz
Newly Registered

Return to U K with spouse on benefit not on list

Post by bigshaz » Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:53 pm

After being refused leave to remain on compassionate grounds, in December 2005, following a tribunal, I intend to return to Pakistan and make application to rejoin my British wife in the UK, using form VAF2.(spouse visa)

Is the fact my wife is in receipt of incapacity benefit and council-tax benefit a problem?

All things being well, has anybody got any idea how long I will be in Pakistan?

John

Post by John » Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:22 pm

There is no problem your wife claiming Public Funds, so even if those benefits were on the list it would not matter.

What does matter is you providing proof that you will not need to claim Public Funds. With your wife on those benefits, how do you propose to do that?

On what basis are you in the UK now?
John

bigshaz
Newly Registered

wife on incapacity benefit

Post by bigshaz » Wed Jan 25, 2006 5:39 pm

John wrote:There is no problem your wife claiming Public Funds, so even if those benefits were on the list it would not matter.

What does matter is you providing proof that you will not need to claim Public Funds. With your wife on those benefits, how do you propose to do that?

On what basis are you in the UK now?

I am an overstayer by default, waiting for the Home Office to return my documents so I can book a flight to Pakistan.

We currently live on my wife's incapacity benefit, the proceeds of a paper-round and loans. I have the offer of a job on my return.

John, thank you very much for your help and advice.