ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Returning resident visa Daughter turned 18

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Mrfixer
Newly Registered

Returning resident visa Daughter turned 18

Post by Mrfixer » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:10 am

Hi i was hoping i could get some info please.To get my step daughter(Filipino) back to the UK. Me and my Filipino wife have been married for 13 years now and we bought my step daughter from the Philippines in 2006 to the Uk and she has been educated in the uk since this time up to  March 2014. In 2014 all 3 of us moved to Australia as I was sponsored on a 457 Visa.

In June 2015 I have an accident on my back at work and I had to have an operation and Physio for 1 year which has rendered me unable to do the job I was sponsored to do. So we had to leave Australia. Because of the accident and having to have Physio, we went passed the 2 year period. so we had to apply for a returning resident visa for my wife which was approved because of extenuating circumstances with my accident and we had supporting medical evidence from neoro surgeons etc.

However because our daughter turned 18 on 5th Dec, We was unable to get her to the uk on a returning resident visa or so we think? So my wife had to take her back to Philippines and leave her with her sister until we can sought getting her to uk.

As you can imaging we are really upset and want our daughter with us in the Uk. She is reliant on us at the moment financially aswell.
Any advice we would be truly greatful

vinny

Re: Returning resident visa Daughter turned 18

Post by vinny » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:29 am

That's surprising.

Your wife's daughter's application should have been approved under the same extenuating circumstances as your wife's. They were not applying to return as your dependants. Her age shouldn't affect a returning resident's application.

Appeal?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.