ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Second Marriage...

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

saqibr1

Second Marriage...

Post by saqibr1 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:19 pm

Hi Everyone
I have a question for my understanding regarding 2nd marriage. Actually one of my friend he is muslim and he is seeking some information regarding his second marriage. He is not British yet initially he was on tier-1general 5 years rout and then got settlement. during that time he got married to a girl in his country and brought her in uk. now due to some personal reasons he has to get married but now he is settled person in UK as he got ILR recently. Now he needs to know how he can get 2nd marriage in his country, when he dont want to divorce his first wife who is also settled in uk now.

Any senior members please provide information in this respect. Or any assistance for finding information from UK law thanks.

Raza.

noajthan

Re: Second Marriage...

Post by noajthan » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:22 pm

A UK resident cannot sponsor a non-EEA national for permission to enter or remain in the UK as their spouse if another person has already been granted such permission, and the marriage has not been dissolved. However, it is possible for all parties to a polygamous marriage to be legally present in the UK. For example, a second spouse may qualify for entry to the UK in a different immigration category, in their own right.
Start here:
http://researchbriefings.parliament.uk/ ... ry/SN05051
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:25 pm

Start here.

Your friend can only sponsor one wife as spouse in the UK. Any other wives will have to apply on their own steam; essentially as single applicants under Tier 2 or 4 or 5.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:32 pm

As this doesn't have any relevance to a British citizenship application I have moved this to the appropriate sub-forum.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

saqibr1

Post by saqibr1 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:42 pm

secret.simon wrote:Start here.

Your friend can only sponsor one wife as spouse in the UK. Any other wives will have to apply on their own steam; essentially as single applicants under Tier 2 or 4 or 5.
Thanks for the quick response. He can sponsor only one wife does make sense,

But my main question is can he get married to an other women in the presence of first wife though its out of UK. Is there any chance of conviction of Bigamy/ Polygamy?

Can you please provide assistance in this respect thanks.

Raza

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:49 pm

The linked briefing is quite clear.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

saqibr1

Post by saqibr1 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:51 pm

noajthan wrote:The linked briefing is quite clear.
Noajthan thanks for the link and information I have just noticed that.

Raza.

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:52 pm

In which country is he intending to marry?
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

saqibr1

Post by saqibr1 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:11 pm

Casa wrote:In which country is he intending to marry?
Casa he is from Pakistan. And most probably in Pakistan..

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:23 pm

Does the law in Pakistan require the first wife to agree to the husband marrying again?
(Casa, not CR001)

saqibr1

Post by saqibr1 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:48 pm

Casa wrote:Does the law in Pakistan require the first wife to agree to the husband marrying again?
Casa Constitution of Pakistan allows 2nd marriage with or without permission. He has no issue in Pakistan for his marriage...

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:51 pm

In which case your friend should read through the information in the links you've been given.
(Casa, not CR001)

saqibr1

Post by saqibr1 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:59 pm

Casa wrote:In which case your friend should read through the information in the links you've been given.

Thanks Casa much appreciated your assistance.